SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  KFC Snackers
Page 1 of 1    

KFC Snackers

The Green Monkey
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:02 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Well, they're no Chicken Littles.

I knew that it would be unfair to compare them to processed chicken divinity, but I still couldn't help it.

They're decent, although slightly smaller than I expected. They look a little larger in that commercial where the guy is wrestling with the vending machine (I get a chuckle out of the part when the black guy says, "Hey, it took your dollar!"). In reality, they're probably about a centimeter or so longer and wider than a credit card, and obviously considerably thicker. I wouldn't order less than three and expect to be full if I were you. Four, plus 3/4 of an individual order of mashed potatos, 3/4 of an individual cole slaw, and 3/4 of a large potato wedges had me stuffed to the gills.

The BBQ is okay, although I didn't like it as much as the crispy. The BBQ is shredded and saucy, much like you would expect BBQ to be served someplace other than KFC. I just expected the same thing with some hickory sauce on it, but there was an actual difference between the two varieties.

If you remember (or maybe they still have them at your KFC--one thing I've noticed is that no two KFCs have quite the exact same menu) a relatively recent sandwich, it had three "crispy strips" or "zingers" or some such thing on it, well, the Snacker is like a little sandwich with just one smallish chicken finger on it.

The pepper mayo was alright, although I think that if I ever order another Snacker, I'll ask for regular mayo. Lettuce is lettuce, and a sesame seed bun is a nice touch, although I wouldn't want one on a Little.

Overall, I liked it, but it won't fill the void in my heart and my stomach that has been gaping since my last Little fix five years ago, so I generally avoid KFC just to avoid being bummed out at not being able to order the best use of chicken since the omelette.

I've been pestering the cretins at the KFC Contact Us inbox for about a week now, asking them for a list of all restaurants that still have Chicken Littles, but I haven't heard back yet. I think someone's getting a call on Monday.

Does anyone still have Chicken Littles at their local KFC? If you're within 150 miles or so, I'll be there ASAP. 150-500 miles, possibly sometime within a week.

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:43 am Reply with quote
that chicken popcorn they had gave people the WORST FARTS ever.
rbphenom15
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quote
ahhhh, chicken littles....

my wife and i saw the commercial for the "snackers" the other night and it brought back memories of good old "chicken littles". My grandma lived about a half block from a KFC when we were kids and i'd skate over and get about 8 of them. I miss those suckers. I couldn't remember what they were called until i read this thread though. Thanks, Monkey.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
rbphenom15 wrote:
ahhhh, chicken littles....

my wife and i saw the commercial for the "snackers" the other night and it brought back memories of good old "chicken littles". My grandma lived about a half block from a KFC when we were kids and i'd skate over and get about 8 of them. I miss those suckers. I couldn't remember what they were called until i read this thread though. Thanks, Monkey.

chicken littles were fantastic... we would skate and devour a ton of them...

in related chicken news... Chic Fil A has chicken minis.. which is basically a chicken nugget with a small soft roll surrounding them? AWESOME... i killed eight of them last week... but they are only around for the breakfast crowd.

Page 1 of 1