SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  bought my first split board
Page 1 of 1    

bought my first split board

knowskateboarding
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Nov 2001 Posts: 2813 Location: Monster Island(NYC)
bought a voile 173 split decision. It is the sweetest board I've ever ridden. I just got back from Utah. Used it up big and little cottonwood canyons in the backcountry. I'm 5'10 and this is the longest board I've ever ridden. The turns were absolutely effortless. I was a little nervous going through tight trees at first but it was no problem. I felt centered and I didn't need to lean back at all. Definitely the best powder turns I've ever taken. Setting it up is a breeze as well, unless you're suffering from altitude sickness. That was the first time I've ever experienced that. Even unbuckling my pack was a challenge. I've been going to Utah at least once a year since 94 and have been riding for about 18-19 seasons. Resorts are fun especially on a powder day or spring day, but there's nothing like being in the backcountry.

Wish I could go to the split festival this weekend.
fox26
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:34 am Reply with quote
Sorry to hijack your thread but I couldn't resist. I'm on my way to CO for the first time...only hoping that I don't end up ruining my trip getting sick from the altitude. Any suggestions?

Also, any last minute tips regarding packing are appreciated.

Snowboarding and skateboarding for 5 days, heaven.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Nov 2001 Posts: 2813 Location: Monster Island(NYC)
not really, it was the first time in my 10 years of going out that I experienced it. If you're hiking just take it a little easy at first.
LLpeteJ
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
fox... take it easy hiking and drinking your first few days out there. and snowboard with a camel back on if you have one to stay hydrated. i am not sure where your going..but by far and away vail/beaver creek is the place to be. for hiking either loveland pass or berthoud pass would be your best bet. loveland is less walking but more people. berthoud is a little more hiking but you can pull of some get some really long runs in and the tree's are a bit better..but loveland is very easy to thumb.

Page 1 of 1