SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Too many cooks in the kitchen?
Page 1 of 1    

Too many cooks in the kitchen?

lilsheeda
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Reading recipes and knowing how different locations can toot their horns (Different grilling/BBQ techniques, etc), I get to wondering if anyone else is kind of an asshole in the kitchen - cause I sure am - ha.

Just don't like hoverers, tasters, or picky final critics (Unless it's not done right, cut sucked, or it truly was shitty - which happens and I'd admit it too!)...my gal is the worst- nothing is ever "Just right or Perfect" - always needs something more. I mean I can admit when something sucks, just don't like the teachers - unless they're cooking WITH me or I'm at school.

Different from here, where there are ideas (That I've seriously tried a lot of)...but unless you're helping, get the fuck out of the kitchen damnit! Chef slyde, you could have free reign if you weren't headin' back east!
slyde
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
lilsheeda wrote:
Chef slyde, you could have free reign if you weren't headin' back east!

Hey now, don't make me regret my decision. LOL.

Some good news, the chef I trained under called this morning to tell me that, while she couldn't talk about it yet, something big was going to happen...something great being created for me back home. I'm super stoked (she owns four restaurants and a catering company)!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
You could always make me "chef consultant" and fly me out a couple of times a year so I could implement menu changes based on your sales records. You'd just email me weekly itemized sales...what you sell and when and I'd come up with new recipes etc.. based on those.

Then, I fly out, show you the changes, you say yay or nay and we go skate the great parks of Washington!

Well, I had to give it a shot!!! I'll miss these skateparks

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
I have a tendency to bark in the kitchen. I'm not Gordon Ramsay or anything, but, I will not hesitate to tell you that you're fucking up or bothering me.

It's a rude habit that I picked up at my first real kitchen job, because half of the dudes in there were slack-asses, and the other half (us) wanted to get the job done right. We yelled a lot in there.

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah Slyde, you got a good thing to go to, that's what counts...In fact to me, being able to make a big move...or anything would be for the better...but have a tie to the NW. Go for it...if / when my place gets rolling (Waiting on the plans for the redesigned Boeing - since my A #1 location got swept up by the Italian joint). Yeah, if you ever make it back around will have to hit some of the joints.

Yeah, in the kitchen - at home...if I'm cooking? I'm cooking...Have to laugh, 'cause I probably shouldn't get all pissy - just don't like people trying stuff and sticking there fingers around.
BigPapaSD
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Ditto on the don't like people picking and poking around at the food while I'm cooking, and Really don't like someone peering over my shoulder to see what I'm doing and asking stupid questions. I worked in the kitchen for 20+ yrs as a cook/chef until last year. I took some computer classes and got a new job. I worked at UCSD Catering, now I work at UCSD Network Operations M-F, no more weekends or varied hours!! My sister-in-law is always this type of person picking and poking and asking dumb questions. Now she knows better when I'm in the kitchen she clears out!!
Buckethead
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:44 am Reply with quote
I am the one who is always thinking it is not perfect. Especially if I am the one cooking it. I am always getting people to try it and asking them if they think it is ok. But the kids are creating a product they are usually asking me if it is right even if they have made something hundreds of times and tasted it after we made it right befor.

Am I an asshole in the kitchen?....well I get paid to be so yeah.

I don't hate it so much when people are trying things as I cook it. They can learn how the different ingredients will change the product as you add them. Then again I have been teaching people how to cook for a few years now and enjoy it except teaching people how to cook a steak. They hardly ever get it right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
slob-air
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:20 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
If I'm in the kitchen cooking, you don't want to be there. Not an asshole, but you're risking being burnt, stabbed or run over.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:08 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
If I'm in the kitchen cooking, you don't want to be there. Not an asshole, but you're risking being burnt, stabbed or run over.

Sounds like some of the kids I have at work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Page 1 of 1