SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Shop wheels /private label wheels?
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Shop wheels /private label wheels?

Area 51
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 Posts: 840 Location: Incredibly distant star
Looking to get some shop wheels. Any suggestions? Looked at Creative Urethanes, but their minimum and configuration is a little restrictive. Trying to avoid junk. I'd like to be able to get a mix of sizes and colours/effects if possible. Just like to get a nice alternative to blank wheels.
TenetSW
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:33 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
talk to joe at www.pennswoodmfg.com . they have great product, prices, and are very helpful. tell em Ryan from tenet skate wares sent 'cha!

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:04 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Shop wheels? Shop decks? It's all hurting skateboarding in my mind. If kids ride shop decks and shop wheels why would we need pros anymore? What's next? Shop shoes? Stop the madness!

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Do we need pros? They are jobs created by people looking to boost their sales. I say lets bankrupt a few millionares and see what happens!
dangersticks
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 1594 Location: Bombora's, California
I think Slob's being sarcastic.

At least I hope he is.
Adrian
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
sarcatic maybe, but thats a really good point. anything generic hurts the image of skateboarding. it's like if the government sold really cheap cars to everybody. we would be russia!
MileHighSkates
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
I think there's a real stigma attached to certain "blank" products. It's as if they can't be good if there's no logo or high(er) price attached to the item-in-question. We had some longboard wheels that were identical to the branded version that we stock, and the blanks simply didn't sell. Ended up practically giving them away. Weird.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
dangersticks wrote:
I think Slob's being sarcastic.

At least I hope he is.

Nope. I believe we need some of the big companies as anchors for skateboarding (not all, but some) and I think we need pro skaters as well (though that herd needs to be culled) -- but the way things are going, we may not have any of them for long. That would be a travesty.

I totally support independent manufacturers like F-13, Shitbird, Rockin Ron and the like, but I think shops need to stop the cheap shop deck/wheels madness because real damage is being done.

Wood shops all over America (and China) are now supplying shop decks and decimating companies that have built a label and brought on pro skaters. 8 oot of 10 decks I see at the park are shop decks. How sad is that? That means they're not supporting the indies either!

I could offer speed-dealer shop decks by Monday -- it's too easy. One phone call, an e-mailed graphic file and I could be up to my hips in cheap shit popsicle sticks like they rest of the shops.

But I won't do that.

I am, however, developing a line of decks unlike what�s being offered today. Hypocrisy? Maybe, but you can be sure they'll be high quality and aimed specifically at a niche that will not conflict with my pro deck sales.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
shop decks hurt my sales and make it harder to pick up shops.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
slob-air
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Case in point: I just recieved an e-mail from Mimic with an order sheet and instructions on sending them art. $10 per deck. Sad.

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next