SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  TATTOOS  »  Doh!!! don't getta make the tattoo cut...
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Doh!!! don't getta make the tattoo cut...

bowlrider.com
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Anyway.. Sorry SNB... Since I claim to be part Choctaw Indian... Tribal was the only way to go for me...

but if you visit my site...the indian dude that is used, is inked all over my stomach... 3 sessions @ about 4 hrs a piece...

If ya decide to let a few tribals in... I will send ya a couple of pics wit me under da gun...and the final...

lates...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fallen99angel
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 7:25 pm Reply with quote
*S&B FOUNDER* Joined: 16 Sep 2001 Posts: 631 Location: Denmark
BOWLRIDER the reason why Im not interested in tribals is that I think for alot of people they got them without thinking it out right and then it turns into complete shit, but bro, email me the pics and Ill look into it, I hope you understand with what I mean, when I say it turns into shit, many kids that gets tribals or borneo, dont have the background for them, have not read the history behind it, like with mouri style, the symbols have alot of meanings behind it, I would never get soemthing done , without knowing what it means, Im sorry if Im slagging someone with tribals, I, getting bullshitted overhere too, since noone really like traditional sailors style here, only japanese or gore stuff is in here ha ha
Henrik
FALLEN99ANGEL
bowlrider.com
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Believe me...I don't blame ya,,,, I know what you are talk'n about totally....

I actually had doubts about do'n the tribal thing myself, only because it became such a f'n fad out here as well...

I did 4 years in the Navy, and avoided gett'n inked just because it was "the thing to do"

but I decided to do it, mainly because I had the design drawn up for about 2 years before I got it, and with my Native American background, it reps a part of my heritage, plus I was honored by getten it done by a dude named "Breed" Legit Siouxe Indian, who had particpated in the all infoumous sundance rituals with the fasting, dancing, and then dragging Buffalo skulls tied to piercing on his back, until they ripped out...

Now how could I wimper in front of him...

But not a prob FA... just thought I would hound ya on it...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fallen99angel
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 8:19 pm Reply with quote
*S&B FOUNDER* Joined: 16 Sep 2001 Posts: 631 Location: Denmark
BOWLRIDER that sounds great in my ears, please send in the pics and when we can do the section, we will have the pics on it, also include the artist as well
Henrik
FALLEN99ANGEL
skateboardpimp
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:44 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 994 Location: California by way of Texas
Hey BOWLRIDER, I know what you mean about heritage and history and all...I was born and raised in a trailer in Texas. That is exactly why I got a tat of Elvis, Bigfoot and an alien playing poker on my back...because that is what the center of the universe was to all my relatives growing up and I felt that was an appropirate piece. Ironocaly I got it done in Key West Fl. on a family reunion of sorts. I want to add a lot more color as well as a trailer and tornadoe in the background. By the way, it was great to meet you at OSSJ 2!
knowskateboarding
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Nov 2001 Posts: 2813 Location: Monster Island(NYC)
Does this mean I have to get an Amish tattoo?
ghostcavalry
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I am 1/4 native American...(Uwharrie tribe)I want to get a tribal tat, but the fact is, I'm afraid it'll seem hokey. I have alot of mixed blood, but its my grandma I take after most (the indian) I also want to get the stars and bars. Geez, I have one little tat on my spine now only, because I want to design my own and never settle on it...This happen to anybody else? Ideas? Thanks~ Tina
bowlrider.com
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:33 am Reply with quote
Hey Pimp.....

When are you gonna get the tatt of a bologna stain on his stomach....or maybe the dogs playing cards???? or is that Pool??

Cool meet'n up with you too at the OSSJII...

Hey..Im dump'n some cash into my 55...should be roll'n shortly...

@ ghost... Yea, I keep tryn to design my next tatt.... not too settled on what I wanna do... the one I got on my stomach... took about 2 years of manipulating it...til I finally decided on it..

I also have 1 sun on each upper arm...each one has both the zodiac sign, and planetary sign for both my son, and daughter.. along with the typical tribal bands....

The arm stuff was done for free.... the stomach one ran about 400 I think....

I have concidered asking Wes if he would mind me getting a tatt of that sabertooth he did on those limited edition decks...

that was a radd ass design...

[ This Message was edited by: bowlrider.com on 2003-03-09 00:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bowlrider.com on 2003-03-09 00:36 ]
ghostcavalry
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:53 am Reply with quote
Bowl Rider~ Nice work! I really like that. Yeah, that sabre tooth would be nice that Wes did. I actually designed a lion's skull design for myself a couple years ago with two skulls in a mirror image with a feather, (kinda hard to explain) anyway, as soon as I figure out how to post my pics, I'll show ya. (I'm not computer savvy...)
bowlrider.com
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:13 pm Reply with quote
hey ghost....if you wanna share the pics... e-mail em to me... and I will get em online for ya...

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next