SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Materials are getting more expensive...
Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Materials are getting more expensive...

MileHighSkates
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
skinny wrote:
If you guys get a sec please check this out:
http://www.concretedisciples.com/bbs/...=6&topic=7269

That distro doesn't seem to mention where they actually make their decks. My guess is that if the were making them in North America, they'd say so.
skinny
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:10 pm Reply with quote
No I already know that it is all out of China...then printed here.
MileHighSkates
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
skinny wrote:
No I already know that it is all out of China...then printed here.

That sucks. Are they getting around the whole label thing because they print them in the US?
TenetSW
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
you know, i hade the same problem with woodchuck laminates outta canada. they claimed to be all about skating, but then they import from china to have a deck that is a price point for the shops and small companies and so that they can stay 'competitive' when all they're doing is flooding us with crap wood that is killing any US or Canadian manufacturer.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Alittle yes and alittle no....
The law states: if you make a product, using materials and then manufacturing a tangible object. (like the t-shirts you wear) it has to be labeled with its country of origin.
However if that product is altered somewhere else the label should reflect that.
For example a beer can be labeled with its bottling plant location, but you don't need to say where the bottle was made.

In this case, the decks are made in China, screen printed/ heat transferred here, then sent to skateshops in california, nevada, oregon, and so on.
The shops are determining what gets printed (shop logos) and then selling the stuff without labels.
The fact is if the printer is only charging labor for the printing and not the actual skateboard itself there is nothing wrong...except that the manufacturer is not labeling their product.
I don't think it is all leagal though.
If anyone wants the straight poop call him.

Last edited by skinny on Sat May 07, 2005 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
skinny
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
TenetSW wrote:
you know, i hade the same problem with woodchuck laminates outta canada. they claimed to be all about skating, but then they import from china to have a deck that is a price point for the shops and small companies and so that they can stay 'competitive' when all they're doing is flooding us with crap wood that is killing any US or Canadian manufacturer.

Yes that is lame but I belive they label them.
skinny
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
The biggest problem is that you can't sue a communist owned enterprise.
As long as the manufacturer is not labeling their stuff and they are located in China they are free from reprisal.
ThrashCan
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Jim Gray wrote:
Push the buttons too far, and it will be, �Okay, you pushed me to double the size of my factory because you needed production, now you cut my throat and went to China. How about I cut your whole brand-name�s throat and create my own brand and sell it for half of your wholesale? You�re going to see stuff like that.

[sarcasm]I can't wait [/sarcasm]

This is what happened to Prime with Dwindle I believe, though their throat is still intact. Fuck Rodney Mullen....seriously! He used to be a hero in my mind, now I just see him as a talented asshole.
skinny
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by skinny on Sat May 07, 2005 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
TenetSW
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
skinny wrote:
TenetSW wrote:

Yes that is lame but I belive they label them.

yeah, if "label them" means that they tell the shop that is buying the decks that they are from china. the end user has no idea, and most shops don't give a fuck if it means they can put there name on somrthing at a lower price.

Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next