SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Spot or process color?
Page 1 of 1    

Spot or process color?

Sixman
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Hey D20,

Are you using spot or process color or both? Just curious....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
donald20
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:40 pm Reply with quote
hey sixman...
i'm too stupid to answer that one...
could you explain the difference between the two color types-remember i'm from germany.
thanks
don
Sixman
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:43 pm Reply with quote
No problem. This may not apply to decks. For screening apparel you can use spot color which is traditional screens cut for each color. They all line up (register) to create the image. I'm pretty sure this is the method you are using in your pics.

For process printing you use CMYK colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) and halftones to create more complex images. The colors overlap and blend to create shading, etc. Halftones are the little dots in an process printed image. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a deck and some of the old school decks I have look like they used this method...

[ This Message was edited by: Sixman on 2002-11-15 16:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sixman on 2002-11-15 16:45 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ohio
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:20 pm Reply with quote
my screens are made of steel and are adjustable at the bent points (nose angle tail and in the god for saken center. what kind of ink are you using ill tell you what im using?
ohio
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:24 pm Reply with quote
the cat is out of the bag!!!!!!!!!!
Sixman
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Ohio,

Did you have your screens custom built? Can you adjust them "on the fly" or (I'm guessing) you have to set them up per each deck and get the screen tensioned? I'd be interested to get more info on them there screens...

I use retensionable frames for printing on textiles. Are you able to do that with your frames?

Thanks for posting....
donald20
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:40 pm Reply with quote
spot colors...
about the different types of frames people are using.it would be very cool!!!!!!!!
if you would post a pic of your apparel here on this forum.evrybody would profit of that,we could share our knowledge on frame-evoluion.
how about that?
Sixman
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Great idea. I'll get some pics together.

Based on your photos and ohio's description I think I have an idea on how to make a retensionable screen for skateboards. Am going to talk to my supplier and see what he says...

I'd still like to see your plans for the screens since you are the man in the "know"...
donald20
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:58 am Reply with quote
i think that there's some more guys around here with experience on this subject.hopefully they will be also willing to share what they know-check it out a new thread called"frame-constructions"
that's where the "experienced" should post and share...
later
don

Page 1 of 1