SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  frame construction
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

frame construction

donald20
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:00 am Reply with quote
here#s the thread for all the "experienced"
show off you frames and let's discuss about the type of frames used for printing.
hopefully there will be some posts on this one-
lad...
i would like you to be here too.
ohio
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:46 pm Reply with quote
first off do you guys know how to weld. second if not you need to learn. third, donald could you please send me that template pattern so i can just take a look and see whats different and how it can be made to last longer (wood vs aluminum or steel).
email [email protected]
if anyone has ever gotten boards from pennswood which was a awsome supplier of blanks, they burt down 2 weeks ago they were also the supplier of catalyst boards.
ill tell you guys one thing i have worked months and all most a year to acuire the knowledge of screens and inks that i have now i thinks its pretty funny though that this stuff is just getting posted, but you know all the trials and error makes me know what works and what doesnt. It also made me laugh when i hear donald talk about abcboards because i tried to squeeze info from them but nothin came of it i like the pictures they have on there web site in the tour section because you can see shit but its so limited.
I started with wooden frames just the basic up and over then i graduated to aluminum and figured out to bring down the center which in our minds is hard to understand but when you stretch the mesh it is way to high in the middle. but we already know this MAN!
Whats up with that half donald thoes trannies look good big lean air would be fun on that.
Have you guys ever wondered what thoes guys at http://www.skateboardprinting.com would say to us!hehe
donald and anyone what kind of inks are you using enamels of lacure enamels. so donald you say you went to to abcboards and hung out buy the screener, what were they using for inks, dude that makes me laugh when i read that. donald why arnt you using jiffy clamps? I was riding vert the other day and i did a board slide to fakie and for some reason even though its a routine trick i ended up on the flat bottom. i smacked my face and broke el nose and kept skating.
Lard
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:12 am Reply with quote
Welding ain't no problem .I think solid alloy frames would be great. I was thinking of cutting some molds from hardwood and pressing the alloy to shape in the board press but thats another mission. However I think wooden frames will be the easiest to start with.Donald I am Hanging out for some sort of discription on streaching the Mesh.
would it be possible for your supplier to give us a step by step Discription . As soon as I find out I can send the frames off to the supplier. I was thinking this Forum has a Great potential to advance the art of screening boards . With forces combined maybe soon those who kept it all so secret . those who read the message boards and refused to help will soon be looking towards this forum to solve problems. or help to advance there current systems.ah the irony of it all..
donald20
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:33 pm Reply with quote
@ohio

welding a frame is cool...i agree with that,but there are some things to it which i don't like so much.actually i started off with aluminium franes.i switched too wood in my experimaental phase later on until i had the correct frame type.i love wooden frames because they are more responsive when it comes to printing than aluminium frames.almost the same between a wood-deck and an aluminium-deck.
for everybody who wants to begin printing his boards here on this forum it will also be way more inexpensive to start with wooden frames.now that's an argument-hope you agree with that.later on,everybody can decide for himself what he wants.
abc didn't hand me that info first hand-it took em some time to realize that other people are capable of screening boards.but after that these guys were more than helpful.
guess you have to earn some credits before the info comes from those guys.

WHERE ARE THE FRAMES YOU OTHER GUYS ARE USING?GIVE SOME FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POST PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohio
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:12 pm Reply with quote
donald
can i get that template pattern?
[email protected]
second thing is why dont you sacrafice a board as a base for printing on? what im saying is if you take and extra of the same board that youre gonna print and screw or bolt it to the table mounts (you will have to make the pins that go thru the board longer)
then you have a grreat base which all the boards can sit on, get that?
another thing is that from youre pictures the edges where you bleed look rough they dont look smooth throughout the whole board?

ohio
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:13 pm Reply with quote
donald
can i get that template pattern?
[email protected]
second thing is why dont you sacrafice a board as a base for printing on? what im saying is if you take and extra of the same board that youre gonna print and screw or bolt it to the table mounts (you will have to make the pins that go thru the board longer)
then you have a grreat base which all the boards can sit on, get that?
another thing is that from youre pictures the edges where you bleed look rough they dont look smooth throughout the whole board?

donald20
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:57 am Reply with quote
@ohio
with my construction i don't need to sacrife a board.
if you look close enough you can see why.my thing is multi-adjustable to any given wheelbase...
for a frame sample i would need your address
so e-mail it to me
why don't you post pics of your frame?
Lard
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:49 am Reply with quote
Donald
Is the mesh on your screens glued to the top surface like standard frames? I can't quite tell from the Photo.Also How do I post A photo or drawings.
donald20
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:54 am Reply with quote
yeah it's glued
leeroy
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:09 am Reply with quote
Please Don can you send me the templates. This forum rocks I've been trying to create board graphics for a while. Its just the process of printing which i'm sketchy on..

Sounds V complex cheers Leeroy...

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next