SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Egg n' Rice (for all my island brattas!)
Page 1 of 1    

Egg n' Rice (for all my island brattas!)

dushoni
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:08 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Posts: 2224 Location: The Foot Of DavO's Bed
My grampa on my Japanese side was born and raised in Honalulu....this was the recipe my mom was raised on and that my mom raised me on....the best breakfast ever...

Japanese white rice (not Chinese long grain rice...make sure it's short, fat and sticky Japanese rice)

2 eggs over easy (make sure the yolks are intact and are nice and runny)

ketchup

soy sauce

Mix it all up and serve with some buttered toast and a glass of pineapple juice and a cup of coffee....

I know it sounds gross but it's heaven on a plate.
lilsheeda
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Yeah, pretty odd...until I had a Japanese Galpal and a couple roommates, I couldn't eat rice without Cinnamon sugar and milk...think it's funny now.

But how about those Nato beans? Holy shit - the one thing that has made me instant vomit. I've tried your breakfast, just not with ketchup - used hot sauces / soy.

My roommates came up with all sorts of weird combos (One was a pro sushi chef), but the most odd thing was the Mayonaise habit. As was explained, Mayo is somewhat a top shelf item in Japan - and generally food doesn't / or didn't have health info. on it. They seriously went through a LARGE (Not the normal fridge size) jar of Best Foods - in 1 day mixed in stir frys, with veggies and on bread. Comedic.
slyde
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
My wife's dad is from Hawaii and she got the habit of eggs and rice from him. She doesn't use ketchup with it though, just soy.

I dig rice with cinn. sugar and milk...

...your old roommate's job is what I'm going to be doing in a couple weeks. I'm now chef of a sushi restaurant.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
So are you already in Memphis? That was quick...sushi, eh? Fresh stuff in Memphis?

I'm not too big on sushi...I kind of like my salmon cooked to flake, no mushy, but the rolls are all good. I'm not too adventurous on the not cooked side of things - and always love a good blast of wasabi / pickled ginger...definitely good at pounding warm saki...which makes our sushi visits fun.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 1