SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Screen Printing
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Screen Printing

Lard
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Ring your screen supplier and they will sell you a basic light and cable. I dont think you will save to much on shopping around. I built a set up that uses Sylvania blacklignt BL F40 Bulbs they work. I used 6 bulbs spaced at about 2 inchs Its sweet cause it gives me a development area of 4 foot x 2foot
I havent used it on shaped frames yet but every thing else i have burn't is perfect.
ugsb
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:55 pm Reply with quote
to burn screen i just use a halogen shop light, i think it's 500w .... you can get them for under $20 at most auto stores
ohio
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:22 pm Reply with quote
i have heard of black light bulbs working the 40 watt ones i guess it comes down to lumes of light they give off. i used a 500 watt shop lamp also but i want to try out the black light set up
olivelawn
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, i've been trying to fine a "scrren supplier" in San Francisco and have had no luck. Are there any chain stores (not that I want to go that route) that sell these supplies?
ohio
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:23 pm Reply with quote
dude go to any hardware store and get a shop light that is halogen they are like 15 bucks or cheeper the will work fine for now. do you have home depot or lowes or any large big box home improvement store
ugsb
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:57 pm Reply with quote
there's always a bunch of supplies on ebay ... i've seen just about everything you'd need on there at one point or another. just type in screen printing
olivelawn
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Cool, thanks for the tips guys. So I just need a high wattage bulb to burn the screens. How high a wattage do you recommend? What is the difference in time it takes to burn for different watt bulbs?

Oh, and what kind of "yellow" or "red" light do I need to apply the photosensitive screen stuff? I do have a home depot, would they sell this type of bulb?

Thanks for the tips yall.
ohio
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:15 pm Reply with quote
a yellow light bulb is recomended they are party lights and are 25 watt any walmart or kmart will have them.
i comes down to lumens of light not the wattage of bulb some florecent are like 40 watt but give off alot of lumens just get a 500 watt shop light for now and play with that. do basic stuff not alot of half tones or shading at first. burn for like 15 minutes and move the light 1/3 of the screen each time so that it burns the whole screen.
olivelawn
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Thanks ohio. Well, I made my screen this weekend (not for boards--still waiting on thoes templates) along with my baseboard. Worked out real well. I am building a table with a glass top to burn my screens. Once I get my yellow light and my emulsion I'll try busting something out.

Has anyone had much luck screening between the bolt holes with a flat rectangular screen? Is there a certain way anyone has succeeded in doing this?
ohio
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:23 pm Reply with quote
screening between the bolt holes is usually done with flat screens not stretched super tight. most of this forum was tip to tail though

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next