SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Help por favor
Page 1 of 1    

Help por favor

schmittstix707
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:36 am Reply with quote
I know this dude that has a 96-97 Lamar Alien Workshop board NOS that is a 147. I am 6'3 165pounds and I wear 10.5 size shoes. Would this board be too small for me or is it about right? What kinds of things does one need to look for when getting a board? He is offering it to me for $100 so I thought that I would pick it up and ride it. I dont know shit about snowboarding but I thought I would give it a try this year. Thanks for any advice~
dignan
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:43 am Reply with quote
Well, honestly it would be too small for you. You're a big boy, well at least tall. With your weight range you'd want AT LEAST something in the 150's, and with the extra height you'd want something at least in the high 150s. i don't know widths on those boards though. i have size 11 and always rode normal width boards and never had a problem with toe drag. but $100 is cheap. I would recommend a longer board though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hankchinaski
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:47 am Reply with quote
I am near 6' 3", 165 lbs. and have snowboarded for a while, on and off. A 147 is definitely too small. I wear size 12 boots, which besides the fact that the board is way too short, means toe drag. My cut off for board length, even for flat hills is 158. If I was to pay for a new board to ride all-around, I would get a 162+. A snowboard is an investment, spend a few more dollars and get something that will fit for you and last a bit. Otherwise, you will probably have a terrible time and not want to ride at all. Snowboard size is far more important than skateboard size for a tall person, sort of like buying a shirt or pair of shoes. It is an expensive habit, $30+ just to ride for a day! So get the right stuff or you will just be wasting your money.
schmittstix707
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Right on, thanks for the help! DUde that I was going to buy it from said that it would be a good size for me to start with but I felt a little strange about it. Thnaks for the advice!
Juarez
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:39 pm Reply with quote
A 147 is typically a great sized board if you are 5' 2", weigh 130 or less, and are a female.

Nice friend. You would have snapped that board in half.

Page 1 of 1