SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VIDEO & IMAGES  »  And this is why i want my money back!
Page 1 of 5    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

And this is why i want my money back!

cartman
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Co...ets-on-Fire-skate
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Good old Turf and Pailhead...
Slim
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
Damn, that was indeed a pretty weak video part. Hell, even I could do all that stuff back then. Shit, I can do 90% of it right now and I'm a broken down old man!

Having said that, O'brien did/does skate with style and is rumoured to be a cool guy and all that and you shouldn't have been bummed to have his board.
theshralpster
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:28 am Reply with quote
HIs laybacks and tailblocks are sick.
dangersticks
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:22 am Reply with quote
Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 1594 Location: Bombora's, California
I could do everything in that video except hold that snake and smoke those cigarettes.

Corey was a good skater and continues to be a good guy.

Having said that, I have to say that buying a "pro" model board shouldn't mean anything. You should buy a board for its size, shape, and functionality for you, and (it pains me to say this), if it matters to you, perhaps its graphics.

Ferinstance, if you're buying a Hawk board because you think it's going to make you skate all tricky and twisty and flippy and stuff, you're sadly mistaken. But if you're buying it because you want to line TH's pocket with an additional few bucks because you figure someone's gotta buy that boy some more Pringles or whatever, then great, knock yourself out.

However, I'm not sure what your rationale was in buying a Corey O' board. You bought it, what?, 17 years ago?, and I'm betting it was because you liked the graphic, and you wanted to be all hesh and scary and stuff, and it would be some sort of magic bullet to being a great skater, and then when that didn't work out so well for you, you took a look at Corey's vid part there and decided that that was the source of your consternation, that board. I'm not sure what your argument is; is it that Corey wasn't the raddest pro in the world, and that he got a buck or two royalty check from NHS based on your buying his board? Is that your argument?

To which I counter: did you buy the board willingly? Did you enjoy the board? Did it make you feel all hesh and stuff, and make you want to hold a big snake (even if you didn't)? Did you skate the board? Did you have fun skating the board? Did your skating maybe even get a little bit better during the time when you owned the board? If the answer to any of these questions is "yes," then guess what, my Fine Finnish Friend, you got your money's worth. Whether or not Corey's skating meets your level of expectations is irrelevant. You paid your money, you selected your deck, you skated it, end of story.

I honestly don't want to hear any more about it.
dushoni
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:39 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Posts: 2224 Location: The Foot Of DavO's Bed
When I got my Salba Tiger board in '90, it instantly gave me the ability to rip full pipes.

True story.

I also have a flying car....and a pet bear.
xrudox
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:21 am Reply with quote
fuck,i actually liked that part!

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:37 am Reply with quote
I think every pro deck that I ever bought I bought based on shape, with the exception of my Lonnie Toft that I bought when I was 12(based on ripping pics and shape). I think my Corey O'Brian was my all time favorite deck, that was the first footage I had seen of him. That deck had nice concave and popped liked a motherfucker. If you bought it as a collector be happy because they're pretty hard to find(so it seems).
sir_squeal
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Sweet curb slappy.
JohnnieAloha
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Sep 2003 Posts: 795 Location: Makakilo, HI ---> Miami, FL
I never bought decks because I saw them on some video.... but then again in the late 80's I didn't have to buy any... BWAHAHAH!

What can BROWN do for you? I know what it can do for me!

Page 1 of 5    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next