SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Opinions on deck MFGs
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Opinions on deck MFGs

oasis
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I need to change my deck supplier and was wondering if you guys could offer your excellent opinions on...

Generator
http://generatordistribution.com/
I talked to the guy and appearantly owns a house right up the street from me. Seams super cool. He's sending (free!) samples my way. However, they do Deluxe decks which I've heard are good for about a week until they break.

ABC
http://www.abcboards.com/content/view/49/84/
I hear they have very strong, high quality decks. I'm a little bit worried about shape and wieght, but I'd jsut like to confirm the rumors I've heard about their boards.

I'm not too worried about cost as long as I'm getting what I pay for. I'd like the highest quality (strength, shape, crafstmanship, printing) in the industry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThrashCan
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I cant personally vouch for any of those companies but a DC area company called Casual is made by Generator and they seem to be solid. And since the guy has a house near you seems like that would work out pretty well.

ABC has been around forever and there is nothing half assed about their operation. Never skated any of their boards but never heard any shit. I duno how into OEM they are though.
Jedi_deangelis
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quote
what does OEM stand for?
stillboardin
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Original Equipment Manufacturer
oasis
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Dave.

I think both mfgs are more geared towards larger distributors seeing that ABCs mins are 50 and Generator is usually 100, but he said he could do 50.

I would prefer smaller minimums, but if a mfg has high mins it must mean they are busy, which means people are buying a lot of decks from them, which means they are in demand, which means they are probably good. IDK I'm still waiting on a pricelist.

BTW does anyone have any creative/cheap methods of shipping?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Herosk8
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
i just used a place out of cali called deck printing. their website is www.deckprinting.com talk to jim. hes a great guy and awesome wood very high quality decks. screen printed not a cheap heat transfer, they have a low 25 min order. everyone that has skated one of my decks have been very pleased. cant keep enough in stock

Josh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ThrashCan
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote
deckprinting.com is the same company as skateboardprinting.com

Not bad but not the best. Their wood is solid, printing is pretty good,customer service could have been better. Things may have changed since I used them about 2 years ago but I think generator is prob gonna be your best bet.

Keep lookin around and getting some samples.
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
They wasted ALOT of my time, Fuck those 2 companies...

Just my opinion...
infamouscody
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
dude! gotta check out wholesaleskateboard.com!! min. is 20 and the printing is realy good! the owner is bryan hes an awesome guy and they got realy cheap wheels.. trucks.. ect

ive had nothin but comments on how strong the boards are

www.freewebs.com/infamousskateboards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
oasis
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
CH3NO2JAY wrote:
They wasted ALOT of my time, Fuck those 2 companies...

Just my opinion...

Please elaborate. Let the demons loose!

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next