SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Thrills & Spills
Page 1 of 1    

Thrills & Spills

jibaridge
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Today was my first day riding this year, went to a little local mountain, they had one trail open and they were racing on it, so you had to ride on the side of the trail, 3 schools there.. So here I am, the only fucking snowboarder on the mountain going down the side of the trail that they are racing on, powder covered ice... Feeling confident in my mass skillz I proceded down the hill, there were approx 20 people at the starting gate and 150-200 people at the finish line, so here I come bombing it, faceplant right at the starting gate, not that bad, brushed it off, looked stupid for a couple minutes, some people got a chuckle.. I'm totally out of place here, I've never seen so many damn skiers on this hill, so I decied to sit down puff a butt and scope a nice line to the bottom, got it all figured out in my head, I'll bomb it towards the bottom cut across the trail bust a 360 right before the finish line, so I'm off, cruzin down the hill setting up to spin off this little pimple of a jump, right at the finish line I busted it, slingshoted my self right on my ass, now I'm doing flips and a massive powder ball is heading towards the finish line (can only imagine what it looked like) when I first hit I got a MASSIVE charlie horse on my ass, so here I am, the only boarder on the mountain in front of 150+ ski-jocks covered in snow, moaning and groaning on my hands and knees holding my ass at the finish line.. , the run down? I made every skier up there happy with a little chuckle in their belly and a higher understanding of the mad skillz snowboarders.. lol! yeah, it sucked...
Devilock
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Nov 2001 Posts: 1141 Location: Long Island, New York
Congrats on a fine day out.....my first session will be at Killington,Vermont on January 19-21. I hope I fair a bit better...
Now go out there and CHARGE

Page 1 of 1