SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  God took a huge dump...
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

God took a huge dump...

biffnix
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote
...on Mammoth! 2 feet of fresh powder, so tomorrow morning I'm drivin' up early to get some first tracks! I dig winter! I'll post pics tomorrow when I get back...

Joe G.
Bishop, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
theGONZfather
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Hey, I'll prolly hit up the VOLCOM PB & R jam tomorrow!
Maybe I'll see you's there?

http://www.volcom.com/pbrj/index.asp?seasonID=6
Upland_Yo
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:49 pm Reply with quote
biffnix wrote:
...on Mammoth! 2 feet of fresh powder, so tomorrow morning I'm drivin' up early to get some first tracks! I dig winter! I'll post pics tomorrow when I get back...

Joe G.
Bishop, CA

I too will be getting first tracks but sadly they won't be anywhere near chair 23...mammoth is the shit, best mountain in North America IMO.
Rando
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah if you like sharing the hill with kooks . I'll take Baker,Bachelor or Mt Bailey over any of the Cali crap any day. No attitudes and vibing like you guys have to deal with. And you know this!
biffnix
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Rando wrote:
Yeah if you like sharing the hill with kooks . I'll take Baker,Bachelor or Mt Bailey over any of the Cali crap any day. No attitudes and vibing like you guys have to deal with. And you know this!

Dunno where you go, but it was mellow, no crowds all day today at Mammoth. A beautiful day, in fact. Looked like this from the top:

But, when the crowds start coming to Mammoth, then June Mt. is 15 minutes up the road, and there are NEVER any crowds there. As for the vibing, I have no idea. Everyone I meet on the lifts is just mellow and relaxed. Maybe you're just too sensitive? <grin>

Anyway, any time you're in town, say howdy. It's probably not as bad as you think...

Oh, here's the link to my gallery of pics for today (Saturday, 12/3/2005):

http://squish.us/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Saturday%2C12032005

Joe G.
Bishop, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Upland_Yo
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I personally have never had any vibing issues at any Cali resort. I have spent many a day at Mammoth, Baldy, Summit, Bear, Alpine Meadows, and Squaw...fuck, Boreal for that matter too and I have never had any issues. Crowds are never really an issue at Mammoth if you know where to go. I live in Oregon because winters are more consistant and I like where I live. As for kooks, they are everywhere...top of my list right now is Powder Corp. Skyliner didn't open until 8:20 this morning and Outback was running like crap for some reason. Oh yeah, they finally got Northwest open today....gee, bout fuckin time. After that the kook list is filled with every teleskier that has ever yapped out the side of thier neck to me about how much better it is to tele. Bend is so full of kook teleskiers I can hardly contain myself when they start to preach. Too each his/her own but please shut the fuck up already, especially when your getting lapped. Bachelor is pretty fun but given a choice on where I would spent a bluebird day with a foot of fresh, Mammoth is at the top of the list. Baker is the shizzle too. I got mine today and I am getting ready to wax my skiboard for another day tomorrow. It's nice to be at 85 inches, that's fooooo shooo

I dream about that chair quite often

Rando
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Actually I might have just had a encounter with the wrong people at the wrong time. I can see how you would dig it. Some sections are damn steep. Good stuff. I ride Bachelor mostly out of convienace,but I still would rather go to Baker. Thats a long ass drive though. If you planning a trip up this way look into Mt Baily snowcat tours. I have gone a few times now,and its probubly the most fun I've had in years. Some stuff is seriously scary. Nice cornice drops,endless powder fields,tree runs and really great guides. Upland shoot me a pm if your ever up this way. There are spots on the backside of Bach that dont end in the flats like the front side. Happy Holidays!
Rando
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Sorry .Did not see that your here already. Yes the telimark invasion is seriorsly bad here. So is the Im a pro bike racer Im cool cause i dress in spandex growd. Its sad how much this town has changed in the last seven or eight years. Ok I'm done ranting.
knowskateboarding
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Nov 2001 Posts: 2813 Location: Monster Island(NYC)
Thanks for the pics guys! Umm it snowed an inch here yesterday! woo hoo?

Just curious if you guys have ridden any Utah mountains to compare to the sierra cement mountains you guys are talking about to? I've never been to any other mountains out west besides Vail and Beavercreek and that was before they let snowboarders so I had to *gulp*....ski. I was 16 and so pissed that I finally got to go out west and the bastards wouldn't let me ride. Anyway, my best friend lives in SLC so I've been going there for the past 11 years and have nothing bad to say about it. Best day ever was on Martin Luther King day and it dumped 4 feet overnight. Got up to the bird for 1st chairs and they shut the canyon down so noone else came up that day. Even though it was so deep it was so light it wouldn't slow you down at all. I dream about that day a lot. Damn, I can't wait to get outta here...
Upland_Yo
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
knowskateboarding wrote:
Thanks for the pics guys! Umm it snowed an inch here yesterday! woo hoo?

Just curious if you guys have ridden any Utah mountains to compare to the sierra cement mountains you guys are talking about to? I've never been to any other mountains out west besides Vail and Beavercreek and that was before they let snowboarders so I had to *gulp*....ski. I was 16 and so pissed that I finally got to go out west and the bastards wouldn't let me ride. Anyway, my best friend lives in SLC so I've been going there for the past 11 years and have nothing bad to say about it. Best day ever was on Martin Luther King day and it dumped 4 feet overnight. Got up to the bird for 1st chairs and they shut the canyon down so noone else came up that day. Even though it was so deep it was so light it wouldn't slow you down at all. I dream about that day a lot. Damn, I can't wait to get outta here...

Been to the bird a more than a few times and brighton once and it was good always. Snowbird is one of those must go places, that's for sure. I still favor the sierras to anywhere I have been, something about Mammoth that fuckin gets me going. Alpine Meadows, Squaw, Kirkwood, June...it's all so fun. The trick is the catch a storm in Mammoth and then drive all night and ride what that storm left in Utah the next day. To be young again...ah fuck it, summit opened at bachelor on sunday and that was good enough for this old man. It's funny, everywhere out west is fun and has a special feel all it's own. NW, Utah, Sierras, Montana, BC, Co. all have things that are special about them and they all have a different vibe and none of them suck. It's really hard to say what's "best".

Anyone ever makes it out Central Oregon way, the couch is always open and it snows all the time! I think Feb - March are the best months here.

@ knows - your friend in SLC, it's not G Hare is it?

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next