SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  God took a huge dump...
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

God took a huge dump...

knowskateboarding
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Nov 2001 Posts: 2813 Location: Monster Island(NYC)
@ ups Nope. His name is Ryan Howe. All the kids at the local skateparks call him Superjesus because he has a beard and rips, but he's far from holy. One of his good friends is someone named Chappy who moved to Oregon I think. That dude fuhlips. I ride with mostly guys from PA that live out there. There's a ton. Another ripper is Jesse Minoni. I've never seen anyone ever fly through a gnarly mogul field on a snowboard until I met him. I could keep up with him until he brought me into one and I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own two eyes.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Not to rub it in but dude....

Rando
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote
21 inchs of new fresh and still snowing hard!
biffnix
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Damn. Mammoth just got three FEET of new snow overnight, and they just closed all lifts, and sent everyone home. It's dumping like crazy, and there's a winter storm warning in effect. Yikes.

TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED TODAY. MANY AREA ROADS ARE CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING...MUD SLIDES...ROCK SLIDES...AND SNOW COVER. THIS INCLUDES INTERSTATE 80...THE MOUNT ROSE HIGHWAY AND GEIGER GRADE. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO TRAVEL ON FLOODED OR SNOW COVERED ROADS YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF RESCUE...LAW ENFORCEMENT AND UTILITY PERSONNEL AT RISK!!!...

.UPDATE...
SITUATION GOING FROM FROM WORSE TO EVEN WORSE. MAJOR FLOOD EVENT ONGOING IN THE SIERRA AND WESTERN NEVADA. MANY ROADS ARE CLOSED DUE TO MUD SLIDES...ROCK SLIDES AND SNOW COVER. SNOW TOTALS IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS HAVE EXCEEDED 3 FEET.

STRONG SHORT WAVE IS WORKING INTO NORTHERN CALIFNORIA WITH A STRONG LINE OF CONVECTION MOVING INTO THE SIERRA. A JET MAX IS MIXED IN THE FLOW TOO...WINDS OVER THE SIERRA CREST ARE GUSTING AS HIGH AS 160 MPH. WINDS A BIG PROBLEM NOW AS WELL..WIND DAMAGE REPORTS JUST COMING IN FROM SOUTH LAKE TAHOE...WHERE WINDS ARE GUSTING TO AT LEAST 70 MPH. LARGE TREES AND POWER LINES ARE DOWN. WINDS ARE UP IN THE WESTERN VALLEYS AS WELL.

TRAVEL IS IMPOSSIBLE IN SOME AREAS. STAY HOME!! HEAVY PRECIP SHOULD END IN MOST AREAS IN THE NEXT 2-4 HOURS. WILL HAVE TO MONITOR WINDS AND MAKE ADDITIONAL UPDATES AND POSSIBLE WIND WARNINGS AS NEEDED.

ANOTHER STORM ON THE WAY FOR SUNDAY NIGHT. LOOKS LIKE LOWER SNOW LEVELS WHICH IS DEPERATELY NEEDED TO REDUCING FLOOD PROBLEMS. HOWEVER I AM WORKING ON A WINTER STORM WATCH.

Joe G.
Bishop, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Upland_Yo
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
sweet, we have had the same here. Lots of flooding yesterday and lots of snow. Hope you get to ride that stuff when it reopens. Tourists go home tomorrow.
biffnix
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Dang. 96 inches in 48 hours. Three FEET of snow at my house, at 4200 feet elevation. It's the most I've ever seen down this low in the valley.

Got to ride Mammoth today. I was actually going to go to June, but Highway 395 was closed from Mammoth to Lee Vining. Avalanches over the highway! Crazy. So I was detoured to Mammoth. It was okay, but the snow was pretty wet & heavy. Typical Sierra cement. Not that the fresh tracks sucked, but nothing opened up top, so I had to content myself with all of the lower lifts. Chairs 3 & 5 never opened, either. Got plenty of fresh tracks, but the snow wasn't really very light - saw TONS of folks up to their eyeballs in fresh snow, struggling to get out...hehe. Luckily, I never got too buried.

Looks like later this week will be the killer ticket for June. Maybe I'll hit it up Saturday - the road might be open by then...

Joe G.
Bishop, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Upland_Yo
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:21 am Reply with quote
That's what's rad about Mammoth. It doesn't dump like that in many other places. We get steady snow and rarely more than 12 inches in 24 hours. I think we hit 36 inches in 2 days once this year. We have been getting snow almost every day so I won't bitch. This winter is sending folks back to California, it's been one of those "once a decade" types of winter. It's like 1992-93 or 94-95. We had flooding the other day that was gnarly, you needed a snorkel to drive around town. Looks like the week ahead is going to be good for the west coast.

4 feet in Bishop? Yer fucked, happy shoveling. What is the elevation in Bishop 5000 - 6000?
biffnix
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Upland_Yo wrote:
That's what's rad about Mammoth. It doesn't dump like that in many other places. We get steady snow and rarely more than 12 inches in 24 hours. I think we hit 36 inches in 2 days once this year. We have been getting snow almost every day so I won't bitch. This winter is sending folks back to California, it's been one of those "once a decade" types of winter. It's like 1992-93 or 94-95. We had flooding the other day that was gnarly, you needed a snorkel to drive around town. Looks like the week ahead is going to be good for the west coast.

4 feet in Bishop? Yer fucked, happy shoveling. What is the elevation in Bishop 5000 - 6000?

No shit. I had to shovel 3 feet out of my driveway, which is about 40 feet from the road, and it totally sucked. I was so sore!

Bishop is right around 4000 feet elevation. I'm just a tad higher on Mustang Mesa, right at the bottom of Sherwin Grade. It was amazing to see all of Owens Valley covered in white - never seen that before. Chain controls from Lone Pine to Bridgeport! Really a rare storm to dump so much damn snow. Mammoth now has 12-15 foot base! Just amazing.

Going to hit up June with my kids this weekend, and the face will be open for sure now. It wasn't a couple of weekends ago, but they got a ton up in June for this storm. Can't wait!

Joe G.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Are studded tires legal in Mammoth? I drive down to tahoe and mammoth with the studs on and it's never been a problem?
Upland_Yo
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quote
Should have a 200+ inch base by the end of the day. It has not shut off since xmas around here. I know of a few new residents who are headed back to Cali because they didn't know the weather could get so bad ....we'll see ya buddy!

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2