SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  What apparel brand would you suggest for printing?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

What apparel brand would you suggest for printing?

Chriz74
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote
I saw many brands. Fruit OF The Loom, Hanes, Bella, Gildan ... what do you think is best for printing? I am looking for man and women tshirts...

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:42 am Reply with quote
I'm not a printer or anything but I love the gildan shirts that I get from people on here.
newrepublicsteve
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I think anvil shirts take ink and look better printed
but it's all about what the customer wants
I have some customers that hate gildan, and some that hate fol's

I just tell them to go find their favorite shirt intheir closet and look at the tag
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oasis
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quote
i always get fruit of the loom. i just like the way their sizes fit. the gildan's for instance have really huge sizes. and seam to be thinner material.

i'd say anvil or fotl.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Simple ?

Does anyone like how the American Apparel fit? I do not think I ever wore one and would be curious or other sweat shop free brands...

I personally feel comfortable in Gildan regardless of how they are made, but I'm no expert...
Buckethead
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
CH3NO2JAY wrote:
Simple ?

Does anyone like how the American Apparel fit? I do not think I ever wore one and would be curious or other sweat shop free brands...

I personally feel comfortable in Gildan regardless of how they are made, but I'm no expert...

They are actually nice shirts, I have several. They do fit a bit smaller than Gildan and I am not sure as to how easy the XXL+ shirts are to get.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chriz74
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote
ok ... what about printing? I think the method is silk screening right? I went to a local shop but I didn't like the finish of their works on tees. For example, white on black seems not compact, I can see the black of the shirt under the printing.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote
Chriz74 wrote:
ok ... what about printing? I think the method is silk screening right? I went to a local shop but I didn't like the finish of their works on tees. For example, white on black seems not compact, I can see the black of the shirt under the printing.

White ink is tough on a black shirt, the white ink is very opaque and doesn't stick on the fisrt pass. A double pass with a flash cure in between passes gives better results. I would call what they are doing as your A-typical Shit Print.

I mostly print on Gildan, but that is becasue they have the largest color selection. I do like Anvil, Jerzees, Fruit Of The Loom. I like Gildan Heavy Weight because they are a bit thinner than most other heavy weights and are perfect for the warmer seasons. I like to stay around 5.6 ounce, Gildan Heavy Weight are 5.4 ounce anything over that is overkill.
badgoldfish
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Sep 2005 Posts: 406 Location: kalamazoo-michigan
american apparel clothes are assembled here in the states but someone told me the fabrics are still made overseas, i don't know personally just what i heard -ryan

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I think they have some fabric come from overseas but not sweatshops. They are working towards useing organic pesticide free cotton too Kinda funny the CEO is Canadian.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next