SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  painless registration?
Page 1 of 1    

painless registration?

olivelawn
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I am almost ready for screenprinting between the bolts. Essentially what I did was raise my base bar and hinge about 3" so that it is equal to the height of the deck turned upside down (yes, I know this is a hack and there is a correct registration process). For now I am wondering if you guys have any ideas on how to make my deck stay in the same place and how I can make small degrees of movement to the deck so I can correctly register my screen? I was thinking clamps, but clamps might be clumsy for keeping the board secure and still not be in the way of my screen when I raise and lower. Basically, has anyone thought of something I haven't? I can upload pics when I get home today to better explain what I am trying to do.

[ This Message was edited by: olivelawn on 2003-03-19 13:48 ]
primative
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:56 pm Reply with quote
if you're already setting your board on top of another to hold it in place. you could use 13/64 ths machine pins in the truck holes of the base board. you just have to lower them in enough so they don't poke through the top board.
raagee
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:20 pm Reply with quote
make a jig from a piece of timber.just wider than your truck holes and the length of the wheelbase from the outside of each truck.then put your deck on top and mark of the truck holes.then get a 4.8mm drill and make a hole exactly where the truck holes are on the timber and then put 5mm dowels in the holes and then your deck can locate on these,i use two on each truck four in total set diagonaly across the truck holes.make sure ur dowels dont stick out the top of the deck or you will fuck up your screen

Page 1 of 1