SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD/PARK ADVOCACY  »  Calgary Cr�e- Strathmore Skatepark Committee Meeting
Page 1 of 1    

Calgary Cr�e- Strathmore Skatepark Committee Meeting

Christophish
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
Strathmore, Alberta skaters are still trying to get a skatepark, even though the Youth Centre initiative has fallen through. We are looking for volunteers willing to give 1-2 hrs per week in the following areas:

Fundraising, media liason, construction/design coordination, etc.

Ultimate plans would include a park similar to Cochrane here in Sleepy Strathmore (Better access for those of you on the East side of the city than Cochrane).

This has become an even higher priority due to the demolition of the wooden skatepark here (Good Riddance).

There is a meeting at Treetops Cafe in Strathmore (on Brent Blvd., across from the High School) on Tues, October 24th at 8:00pm. Come out and show your support.

For more info. email: [email protected]
Christophish
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Good meeting!

Original plans (when it was an initiative by the now defunct Youth Centre) included a basketball court right beside the park (street plaza concept). Now the B-ball court has been axed and the space will be used to have a bowl. I've volunteered as Construction/Design director, so I will be pushing for a pool, such as Donald, OR, or the like.... I think it will make for another unique terrain in addition to Millennium or Cochrane.
slob-air
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Make sure you make it to the meetings this time.

What are we looking at for space for the bowl? If it's the space I'm thinking of, a bowl like Chicken's would fit better.

Page 1 of 1