SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD VIDEO TRADING  »  Would it be wrong?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Would it be wrong?

knowskateboarding
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Nov 2001 Posts: 2813 Location: Monster Island(NYC)
Would it be wrong if let's say hypothetically someone made DVD's out of old videos that are never going to be redone and passed them out amongst a few diehard sk8 fans? Just wondering. Asking for a um friend. Yeah that's it a friend. Hypothetically of course.
fallen99angel
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:49 pm Reply with quote
*S&B FOUNDER* Joined: 16 Sep 2001 Posts: 631 Location: Denmark
you would not hear any bad words from me, it would be refreshing to get some on dvd. instead of a beat up tape
Henrik
FALLEN99ANGEL
slob-air
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
If there's no hope of them being re-released, it would be a moral imperative to save and archive such examples of oldschool skateboarding... but your... uh, friend, has to make me a copy

I'll offer free EBAY therapy in trade.
xteamrider
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd be down with a DVD of 80's skate vids. I just ripped Curb Dogs, Gullwing Molcules in Motion, and Public Domain down to my HD. I just need to buy some blank DVD's and borrow my friends system to rip it. I'll trade, especially for SICK BOYS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
stivason
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:40 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 31 Aug 2001 Posts: 3923 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Dude I think that's an awesome Idea, I'd love to get alot of my old skatevideos on DVD especialy the Scarecrow, and Creature videos. U can trade them as long as u don't actually sell them and it's all totally legal. I'm gonna see about trying to do that with some old videos also. great idea, good job bro.

bret
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
24-hour-pool-service
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:52 am Reply with quote
Shit I could care less if they are going to be re-released. Almost all of the companys that made the good videos are either bankrupt or bought out. Who gives a fuck if lets say select distribution wants to re-release old vision videos, they did not make them and therefore in my opinion have no right to make money off the true old school die hards like us.

Jason
knowskateboarding
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:46 am Reply with quote
The only problem is that not all players play the DVDR's. Most newer models do. I'm contemplating it now. I mean talking to my friend.
The New Guy
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I just recently put some old family videos on DVD and it turned out great. I used Sonic Softwares DVDIT program, and it rocks. You can make all sorts of menus and buttons, add audio, create chapters and the best part is a blank dvd can take 4.7 GB of media! Thats hours of video. Technology Rules!!!
itsonlymoney!!!
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:12 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Oct 2001 Posts: 1730 Location: Alternative Ulster -Belfast N.Ireland
Personally I think the copyright issue would trouble me too much ,causing me to stay awake at night and therefore I would need something to watch on my dvd player.
I only wish I new how to upload videos etc I'll have to as my children.
knowskateboarding
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Hey New Guy have you had any problems playing the DVD's on a regular home player? I read that most of the dvd-r & dvd-rw's trick the home players into thinking that they're dual layer(which they're not) causing them not to play on most older players. This is what's stopping my um friend from hooking it up. Plus blank dvd's are 10 bucks a pop and the burners are 500-600.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next