SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Heat transfer roller
Page 1 of 1    

Heat transfer roller

Everide
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I haven't posted on here for quite a while......

I'm almost finished building my latest machine. It's practically done, its a heat transfer roller. I've got some trouble shooting to figure out this weekend and it should be ready to roll........literally

I know there are a few people on here that have played with the idea of building their own also. If you guys got some advice on it I'd love to hear it......
KidsonWheels
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
bump

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:18 am Reply with quote
1. Make sure you have an emergency kill switch, it should quickly release the forced pressure of the transfer roller incase your arm or hands get caught in there. The equipment that I have seen has a bar that runs along the loading and unloading areas and are about mid waist so if the machine pulls you into it you will bump into this bar/emergency kill switch.

2. Make sure that the transfer roller keeps rolling when you have powered the heating elements off otherwise you will burn the transfer roller in one spot if it is sitting still. You could probably incorporate a fan to speed up the cooling process. You will have to judge yourself how long the roller should keep rolling during the cool down cycle.

Post some pics of it.
Dan
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quote
hmmm,emergency bar? you dont want it !! I have my own heat machine without it ,you need only the pneumatic switch "up,down" to put the pressure. Roller ruber- the best is 25-30 shore. Engine-I have 3-faze 380 V with motoreductor. Heating group- 8 heater is cool. in my 400 W pcs. Some profesional machine have 10 heater on 1000W( 1KW) but it's for machine which work all day for 8 hours.
any quast.?
evilo
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:57 am Reply with quote
i built mine without the emergency bar, it rolls/moves pretty slow.
i guess you could get sucked into it but i cant see it happening, unless your not paying any attention. i built my first prototype out of a toaster oven, after that actaully worked i built it up with real heaters etc.
anyone make the silicon roller in the US, i got my stock from the china man and im overdealing with them.
Have fun building your transfer, i know i did.
skinny
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Everide
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
I'll have to post pics here soon.....

Drunk, I did put a hip level emergency bar in that cuts the air to the bottom roller and lowers it, it also cuts the electric to the heating elements and motor. I planned the emergency bar from day one.......for some reason having my arm burned and having all my muscles and ligaments torn from the bone didn't seem very appealing

I put the e-bar only on the loading side, I didn't think the unloading side really needed it.

The elements cool down really fast, maybe 30-45 seconds max for cool down.

Evilo, thats funny about the toaster oven, I tore one of those apart because I was going to use the elements out of there, then it changed direction, I have a guy here that hooked me up with some top notch elements.

Matt, I'm heading your direction next weekend for a snowboard comp at spirit, I'll try to call you before then.
KidsonWheels
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote
Man you better pray for snow the 3ft we just got is half gone and its T shirt weather outside

This is my favorite time of the year to ride but its getting slushy

You should try and locate the old owner of the skateshop there in Bemidji

When he closed his doors he had a few stacks of oldschool shapes he couldn't sell. I remember a Deadguys deck that stayed on his wall for years

His kids names where Mike and Matt I can't fremember their last names but it will come top me I want to say Primo or something like that

any of the oldschool guys there would remember em

I know for a fact man their is a shitload of old decks in your area

For a shitty up Nort town(I can talk that way about it I was born there) it had a very large population of skaters

Guys to find who would have stacks of old decks include

Cale Eberhardt

Kyle and KC Nosak

Brach Marsch

Josh Williams

these cats all snowboard too but spend half the year in Tahoe

Except Marsch look for him wherever tattoo's are being applied
he is an amazing artist

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Hi
I have one quastions that dont give me sleep. What is the matter in down roller in heat machine when she is with silicone or pure metal ?? Anyone know why some machine have silicone on down roller and some dont.??

Dan.
Everide
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I would assume that the ones with rubber on the bottom roller is to help feed it through since it would grip better. I haven't seen any with a metal roller on bottom.

Page 1 of 1