SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Question for shop owners/ online retailers
Page 1 of 1    

Question for shop owners/ online retailers

soilwork
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Mar 2007 Posts: 229 Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I recently ordered a Schmitt Stix Chris Miller Dog reissue with the intention to add it to my collection as a wall hanger. I love the graphics and rode the deck when I was 14. I also ordered a new helmet, pads, and some other misc. parts. I got the last Miller deck this shop had in stock.

I got the package today and upon opening it I found that they hadn't wrapped the deck in anything and had all the stuff jammed into one box. The box the helmet was in rubbed against the deck which only had shrink to protect it and now there is a 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch black smear on the deck, right on the middle of the damn graphics. I wrote the company an email and am waiting to hear back.

My question is this. Isn't it normal practice to wrap the stuff up to protect it? Especially an old school reissue? I don't want to return the deck as I had a rough time finding it for a decent price, plus it will just be another hassle in my life, but am just pretty bummed out. What type of response can I expect from the shop. It is a pretty big retailer. (don't want to name names yet until I see how they handle it) Any reply would be cool. Thanks.
KidsonWheels
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
If you cannot find another hit me up I have one thats minty

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I'd return it anyway. And yes, a deck should always be wrapped before shipping. Common sense for the sellers end. I always can tell a lot about an online retailer/seller when the item comes. It is unprofessional to have all that stuff together in one box unwrapped. I recently spent $400 bucks on some items from fleabay. A bunch of misc items (decks, trucks, wheels, ect) and all of it in one big box and zero wrap or even filler. Will I buy from them again? Nope.

Just FYI, Eastern has them in stock right now. Why not just have your local shop special order it? (As long as they use them)
essnerific
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
return it. dont forget to yell so you get your shipping money back too.

Page 1 of 1