SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  nadzar inks. Which kind?
Page 1 of 1    

nadzar inks. Which kind?

olivelawn
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:28 am Reply with quote
Alright, I am starting another project and I'm running into the same problem as before. Somehow ink is getting under my screen. I figure its prolly time to get some real inks. Went to Nadzar's website to find the right kind of inks for screening a few boards. Ohio recommened the water based 9500 series, so I start looking at the details and it says not for use with silk mesh. I made my frames myself with silk and a 120 mesh count silk. Any other ideas?
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Olivelawn, I ordered the catalog from Nazdar and I honestly recieved the catalog at my door within 36 hours. I was so amazed at the speed. It's a great catalog to browse through for specs, and better yet, it's FREE. You should pick one up....

[ This Message was edited by: CH3NO2JAY on 2003-04-18 15:06 ]
Drunk Engine
Posted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:57 am Reply with quote
120 Mesh count is way to coarse for board screening, you should be in the 200+ mesh count zone. Especially for water based inks, they are like water. I don't even use 120 for t-shirt printing, it's to coarse. Nazdar inks and 200+, if screening boards have a few urethane squeegees maybe about 2 inches wider than the board width, that will give you about 1 inch over hang, if your using already made flat frames, they are going to be too tight, you will have to get frames that are double or tripple the board width to get the mesh to flex. If you are stretching the mesh to the frame yourself let it be a bit loose but not sloppy. It seems like you have the idea but a bad setup, it seems that the screens are the big problem here, especially since you are saying that you are not getting full coverage on your pass.

Page 1 of 1