SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Shopping for a new board
Page 2 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shopping for a new board

theGONZfather
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
F it! Destroty that P-TEX!

FLUX bindings rule!

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
theGONZfather wrote:
F it! Destroty that P-TEX!

FLUX bindings rule!

Im going to dig these out soon for you to check out Yoshi..I have a set of prototype flux bindings/D23 bindings from when I repped for Division 23 back around 96 or 97..still a great binding to this day when you compare to whats out there..

Jay

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
gimlifish
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote
BillyBonebrake wrote:
I'm thinking about the Lib Tech Travis Rice with magne traction (the 165). But I'm also intrigued by the Donek freeride boards. And the Rome Anthem. The Burton Malalo. So many choices.

Any suggestions out there for an all-mountain rider?

I'm a big fan of Mervin Mgf. Lib Tech, Gnu and Bent Metal the best bindings available. Go with the Travis Rice.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote
jkelly wrote:

Im going to dig these out soon for you to check out Yoshi..I have a set of prototype flux bindings/D23 bindings from when I repped for Division 23 back around 96 or 97..still a great binding to this day when you compare to whats out there..

Jay

Tight! Does Jyunpei know you have them?!

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
yeah they were more of a display D23 that I believe had the first flux binding logos on them..Rep show model type deals..they were white with sort of a blue/purple type strap deal.. pretty sweat.. those were some shaky times for D23..most of the team left to start Forum and pretty much destroyed the name while they left leaving us with virtually no accounts..still a fun time

Anyway tell Junpei I said whats up...I sat at a blackjack table with him in Vegas and watched him dump some loot... Benihanas was a great time also with Tarquin Robbins, Blue Montgomery and I think Mikey Leblanc was there also.. Maybe Mikey came on after that..I know he was out in Seatle(or just outside seatle) with us for our summer factory meeting...

Jay

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
theGONZfather
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
Damn, the fall of the empire... Forum. Looks like history may repeat itself?

& Tarquin? Dang! OG skate style master huh? Blue, Capita wiz. & Mikey? That guys SO mellow in person. I guess you need to save the rage for those ruthless flat landings tho huh? You know he rocks 6 front, -18 back right? Crazy!

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:23 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
eric_4380 wrote:
Don't get me started about Dicks, MC, etc...... Our shop has been doing Burton for 23-24 years. It's a kick in the balls. But just like every other shoe, clothing etc.... company is in the mall. Damn near every bigger snowboard company is at a chain sporting goods store. Look at Sims for christ sake. They are a chain exclusive now.

As far as shit breaking. I've been managing a shop for 7+ years as well as working at another shop part-time before that. I can count on one hand how many of the 500+ Burton boards we sell a year come back. There HAVE been years were they had a problem with something and we saw a few more come back and they ALWAYS backed it up 100%.

I don't know what the deal is with the 3 year rule, but a LOT of companies have similiar stuff. The rep has been a good friend of mine for years (I'm in Michigan too) and actually used to have my job 15+ years ago. I'm sure he wasn't singling you out. Most skate/snow companies want you to bring in enough product to represent the brand well. For skate co's it's no big deal. You can drop $1000-$1500 and have a good representation of products. For snow stuff it's obviously a lot more expensive and companies don't want to take the risk on a new shop. It sucks, but everybody knows the first few years are tough (with any business).

Uhhhh......I DO know about the 3 hole pattern liscensing. It's good business. And the truth is, good or bad, there is not a ton of other bindings that people WANT to put on a Burton board. I still believe Flow bindings are shit. What is somebody gonna put on a T6??? Bent Metal bindings? Give me a break.

And finally..........this is god damn retarded. Why did I even post in the snow forum??? I snow-slide about a 10th as much as I skate. I'm gonna go have a beer now. Nothing personal against you on any of that shit. But...........Flow bindings still suck. HAHA.

-Eric

PS - If I had as much money as Jake, I'd take a year off and live in a house built of cocaine with a bunch of strippers. .......and ride them.

that's cool - i didn't take anything personal .... even from the Burton Rep. I understand why they do it, but it can put a nail in the coffin of a small startup shop if they can't get big name product. And if anything, the big brands can stand to take the $$ risk with a new shop more than a small brand.

I still cannot believe what happened with sims ... I'll never understand that.

where are you in michigan??

I used to own Aura in Milford ... essentially the snow stuff and crap economy did us in. When you dump a lot of moeny into snow gear, and the winter season sucks, it really kills. I'm sure you're feeling it too. I know other shops I talked to have felt the crunch.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
auragreg
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
theGONZfather wrote:

& Tarquin? Dang! OG skate style master huh? Blue, Capita wiz. & Mikey? That guys SO mellow in person. I guess you need to save the rage for those ruthless flat landings tho huh? You know he rocks 6 front, -18 back right? Crazy!

WHA?!?! that's a really weird stance.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
eric_4380
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm @ Wind Waves and Wheels in Grand Rapids. I'm not exactly sure where you at, but I think it's a few hours away.

-Eric
theGONZfather
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
auragreg wrote:
theGONZfather wrote:

WHA?!?! that's a really weird stance.

Ya, I rock 24, -24 @ 24.5". S.A.S.S. = Super Agrressive Sumo Stance!

Page 2 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next