SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Sliding gloves
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Sliding gloves

poopants
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I got all the shit I need for ghetto sliding gloves (cutting board, etc). Any advice on what kind of glue to use? Or should I just torch the fucking plastic on there? any good advise? These will be my first real gloves so any help or advice would be the shit.

Nick Peretti
New Jack City
derekblankporritt
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:53 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I'm watching this thread cause I could use some help as well. I'm going to google it as well though... I went to skate a 1/4 pipe and ended up bombing a major highway after my battery died this morning at 2am. needless to say I could have got a lot lower with gloves. peace, newbie fuck.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quote
this was the first thing that came up when I typed in "how to make sliding gloves + longboarding"

BTW

I'm watching reno 911 the movie. pretty hilarious.

welcome to the "board"

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:55 am Reply with quote
ahhh, my how quick they grow seems like only yesterday I was telling Derek not to take the hazing to seriously and now here he is hazing...

hey poopants dont take the hazing to serious, and maybe change your pants

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
gloves of your choice. leather is good
industrial strength velcro
gorilla glue
corian tile samples

Glue one half of the velcro to the glove and the other half to the tile or whatever you are using for a puck. I roughed up the back of the tiles before I glued them. Velcro is not necessary but it allows you to rotate the tiles around and easily replace them. TGM schooled me on this. Works really well
poopants
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
hazing? I guess it is the skull and bones after all. Wasn't george bush a member here? Dont worry I will never reveal the secrets

anyway
tried gorilla glue and cutting board before I read the responses and it did not work well (think pieces flying off the glove mid slide). I will try the corian and see whats up.
also
It's starting to freeze here. got some freezing rain one night and had fun on sticky wheels so it's time to experiment. Anyone tried slides on ice? studded tires? chains? anything?

Nick Peretti
New Jack City
derekblankporritt
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:01 am Reply with quote
I've tried rain but this... no THIS is to much.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
I have no doubt it will hurt but if I can get the speed up the slides could be huge.

Nick Peretti
New Jack City
EBasil
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Big Fish Joined: 24 Nov 2004 Posts: 335
There's a lot of info on slide gloves, reviews and making your own in the Slide Glove Thread on the 'Fish. Check it out and report back here for us how yours come out!

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
moneymonster wrote:
gloves of your choice. leather is good
industrial strength velcro
gorilla glue
corian tile samples

Glue one half of the velcro to the glove and the other half to the tile or whatever you are using for a puck. I roughed up the back of the tiles before I glued them. Velcro is not necessary but it allows you to rotate the tiles around and easily replace them. TGM schooled me on this. Works really well

Yes. I learned about them from digging around on SF.

The advantage to Corian is that they wear for a long time, but they're also considerably heavier than their quickly-wearing plastic counterparts. It's what I'm used to though and I'm happy with them, so I haven't done any sort of comparison.

At Home Despot, the Industrial Strength Velcro comes in 4' of long white strips inside of a small blue and yellow box--be sure it's got all kinds of superlatives on the packaging. You don't want those shitty black velcro dots or anything like that.

Corian samples are generally kept in the drawers beneath the displays. If there's an employee in that area, ask them if they have sample tiles, otherwise just help yourself. The darker colors wear longer than the lighter colors.

Stand your ground when the goon at the cash register tells you that they aren't for sale and that you can't have them. I usually have good luck telling them that of course they aren't for sale--they're samples, and then explaining to them that they're like paint chips but for your countertops, since many of them are simply frightened and confused by a product without a bar code. If you have a salty goon who can't be reasoned with, they'll want to talk it over with their manager, who will come over and tell them that of course customers can have the free samples. Try not to return to their line in the future though, as they may remember you.

I usually take 8 tiles every time I'm at the Despot.

I've got fairly small hands, so I use 3.5 tiles per glove--one over the palm, one for the index/middle finger, one for the ring/pinkie finger, and a half a tile (cut with a Dremel) glued to the thumb. Your hands will do the Spock thing once you're wearing your gloves.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next