SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Arcadia Oklahoma Ditch Jam November 25 Pressure Drop LB's
Page 1 of 1    

Arcadia Oklahoma Ditch Jam November 25 Pressure Drop LB's

sk8bones
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I got a flier from OKC Skate Supply for a downhill ditch jam. I really don't know what to expect. I don't do a whole lot of longboarding. I've never even seen the ditch. I'll try to get out there and get pics. Anyway, I found some info about it at
www.pressuredroplongboards.com
Looks like a 1/4 mile downhill race. My guess is there will be cones in the ditch you have to navigate. You can PM me if you want to try to meet up and go out there. I'm gonna try to go this weekend too so I can check it out and get pics.
sk8bones
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Me and Ed "Butch" Camfield went out to the ditch today. We had to hike through a field to get there because the roads are blocked for service vehicles. The road we hiked was on the East side of the lake. You pass the northern lake entrances on 66 then go south on the road just east of the lake. Pass a water treatment plant, then use the road that is blocked just south of the plant. There is a sign in front of the road that tells traffic to turn off right or left (double arrows). There appears to be a road just south of there next to a water tower that is paved and probably goes right to the ditch. The road is blocked and says no tresspassing. That's why we used the hiking road. You might park at the double arrows and skate up to the paved road and down to the ditch. We weren't bothered when we were at the ditch even though the water treatment plant could see the ditch clearly.

The ditch is kind of small and rough. It's mellow for the most part, but there are two drops that get you going fast. It's really long, so we didn't go the whole ditch. There is a road next to the ditch, so if you have a motorcycle or something that would be optimum for a skate lift. Like I said there appears to be a road that goes right to the ditch from the east side of the lake. I just wouldn't park in front of it or drive on it until Saturday. PM me your phone # if you need further directions.
sk8bones
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote
Pics
uphill

downhill

Page 1 of 1