SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  What's your worst/scariest downhill experience?
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What's your worst/scariest downhill experience?

OzcardaGrouch
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
Phuctard Joined: 08 May 2008 Posts: 157
Bad Trucks take lives

carroll13
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quote
OzcardaGrouch wrote:
Bad Trucks take lives

True, although I think I later figured out that the truck holes were drilled slightly crooked by the kid I bought it from.
AK47SANDUZIS
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote
OzcardaGrouch wrote:
go for the run off get three good steps in and then well like I said I ate Shit.

its called the thousand yard stride. welcome.

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:02 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
coming from the new sidetrack and ran a redlight bombing to the parliment in edmonton and just missed the side of a cube van. I had the wobbles and couldn't SLIDE OR TURN so it was pure timing that I'm alive. a real chicken fight. I guess I didn't want to fall... my foster brother (derek, also) ate shit earlier before me which is great because he would've died. my stupid idea.

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quote
Wiping out on the Eastern Continental Divide (North Carolina) in 1974.
I was only 14 at the time, and didn't have the sense to wear protective gear.
Probably....because................. I didn't have any.
I was able to scoot out of the way of the tractor-trailer coming up the mountain................. just in time.
Equipment:
a fiberglass Bahne, with the old Bennetts, and Sims Bowl Riders.

I'll never forget it.
nick_n_ii
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Aug 2008 Posts: 217 Location: Burtchville Twp. MI
It's been years since I DH anything, but back in the late 80's I spent a summer in RI. The local kids were telling me about DH, and I figured I'd give it a shot. The hill we went down was about 5 miles long with a hard 90* at the bottom if you didn't make the turn it was a 15 foot drop into the ocean.

Well I was on a red McGill with Gull Wing trucks, we were just blasting along when a cop car pulled around the corner. Being that I was standing up all I could think was "Ollie" I went over the cop and right into the ocean. That was one hell of a fall.

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote
This year at Barrier Lake AB, I cut a tree down with my face at approx 70+ km/h... Shattered my helmet, almost broke my neck, and put my teeth through my lip. I was gonna go to the hospital, but instead we saw a dennys in Cochrane... and went for beers. I'll see if I can find the pics.

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
here we go... I was so happy...

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I was bombing a hill with Tim Breen (rediculously good street skater youtube him), in Dover NH and was hit by a van. Luckily I saw it coming and jumped onto the hood, so I was only bruised. Scared the shit out of the lady driving. My scariest experience was bombing down the concrete on the side of an overpass in Lubbock, TX. I had long hair and my bandana came down over my eyes, next thing I knew I superman'd into the middle of Brownfield highway right in front of an 18 wheeler, I thought I was gonna get squashed. But I had enough time to scramble the hell out of there. Bombing hills is fun as hell, but there aren't any where I live now.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote
A few weeks ago actually, I don't know what I was thinking, trying to go down a STEEP hill on my cruiser board. Maybe I could've pulled it off if I had a longboard, but me having a thick skull and the need to show off, went for it.

Let me give some backstory first. Me and some friends were just cruising along the neighborhood looking for hills when someone suggest we go to the hillside (we live in the San Fernando Valley, so there a re some really steep hills along the mountain side) and we all decide to go, me being too lazy to grab my longboard (or safety gear ) from home went along with my 27'' cruiser.

We get there and we see this ridiculous hill, at the very least a 40 degree angle down and about 150 yards long, with about 50 more yards of runoff. Everyone automatically said hell no to this hill, but me being the idiot I am, tried going down, refusing everyone's offer to use their downhill boards. I take a few pushes and start to go down, immediately I know I'm going way too fast. I get to about halfway and I get the worst speed wobbles ever and am trying to keep as stable as possible. I make it 3/4s of the way down before the board just shoots out of my feet, I go flying, land hard, skid for about 15 feet, bumping my head as I go along and eventually come to a stop before my board catches up and nails me in the gut.

I lay there for a good 5 minutes while everyone runs down and come to my aid. My shirt is torn up and pants are covered in dirt, I wasn't wearing a helmet or pads, so I'm pretty sure I'm done for. So I get up and take my longsleeve flannel off, expecting to see my arms covered in blood, but nothing, I check my head for any cuts, still nothing. Then the most sharp pain ever shoots up my arm. I take my gloves off and my wrist is just swollen and in agonizing pain. So I get home, ice my wrist and just get someone to take me to the doctor.

A few MRIs and some pain pills later, I find out some of my tendons connecting my wrist completely tore off. I get some surgery, wear a brace for a few weeks and escape with nothing more than that and some slight rugburn from my shirt. Overall the worst experience for me ever, but still think I got lucky considering I could've broken every bone in m body that day. I still plan on getting that hill one day, but I think I'll wait a while for my arm to completely heal before doing something stupid like that again.

First post, by the way. How's it going SBS?

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next