SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  OMFG....Chamonix, France
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

OMFG....Chamonix, France

uhuhuh_u_said_wood
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Oct 2002 Posts: 547 Location: Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
For the first time EVER....I am STOKED after snowboarding.

Last year I rode Switzerland, Germany, and Austria at least a dozen times and by the end of the season I swore I would never ride again. I was always cold, miserable and couldn't ride for shit, and never mind the fact of spending 1000's of dollars to do something that I sucked at. By the end of the season, I swore I was a worse rider than when I started

Last year I was riding this Santa Cruz T172, I constantly felt like I was going to eat it every turn. The last time I rode (a 3 day trip), I fell so hard before even getting on the lift that I was done for the entire weekend!

I was talked into giving it one more try in France this past weekend. Not to mention given a Burton T6 board to ride. What an unreal ride! I would think about turning and the board would go there like it was on rails. The second day in Chamonix it snowed like crazy and we were the ONLY ones out there in at least one to two feet of powder. It was like flying on clouds and no fear of falling. The runs were like 300 meters wide at the narrowest point and just carving on white pillows forever.

If you cant' tell, I'm so stoked right now I can hardly sit still. Already planning a trip for this weekend!

Here's some pictures from the first day when it was sunny and no wind. Second day was snowing and no wind. We rode a third day even tho we had to drive 6 hours back to Germany. There was no way I could pass it up!

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
SIC!

Good to hear other bros stoked out!

I rode Les2Alpes in France w/ the Rossi team like 3 seasons ago.
It was for the Rossi S.E.X. challenge & I went with Chris Bradshaw, Corey Cronk, Kyle Lopiccolo & Mike Burton. Well, Mike actually didn't get his passport on time so he missed the trip. Loser...
This was when Travis Rice & tadashi Fuse still rode for them.

SOOOOO awesome! All the flugle(?) & liquer you can throw down your throat & chunks of hash for days.(I could've done without the mixed tobacco but what the hey? We ended up smoking out of apples!)

These Euros were SO tuff. Built with rusty nails man.
We partied until 6 in the morning & the bartender casually looks at his watch & says, "Sorry guys, gotta close the bar to go serve breakfast now, come back afterwards".

True warrior... I acknowledged this when I witnessed him check the temperature of the food with his bare hands!
Needless to say I passed on the tainted food & drank cheap wine(cheaper than bottled water!!!) & ate french bread.
They didn't have any "salted" butter so I was taking a bite of bread, some lard & a shot of salt

Europe rules. I hope to ride San Moritz & party with some hot Euro chicks some day.

Just make them frenchies use deoderant. The gondolla ride to the top was unbearable!

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote
theGONZfather wrote:
Just make them frenchies use deoderant. The gondolla ride to the top was unbearable!

HA HA, no shit!

How do you like the Gondola ride halfway up
That is a deep fucking valley.

Also did you see when the clouds creep up to L2A looking down from the mountain??? AWESOME

One of my friends is afraid of heights and we got him to puke in the gondola once. Good memories
theGONZfather
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Tell me about it! I was stuck in that mug for like 30 minutes before!

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:47 am Reply with quote
The place was almost deserted, except for the Brits.

The French that were around were super cool to us.

I was freaking on the lift to Fleger ( i think that's how it's spelled), it's to the right of Brevent.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote
Hey Dem, I'm glad you are having fun.. !

FLICKR
auragreg
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
it's amazing how good equipment will change your outlook.

I couldnt get my heelside carve to hook up lately. Set my bindings back toward the hell and BAM. It was like I was INSTANTLY more comfortable and had more fun.

I ride a Bataleon now.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote
And I was soo stoked this AM after Vermonty got 6 inches last night. Way to burst my bubble.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
i went to chamonix in high school. it was incredible, and pretty intense for a 14 year old kid. our ski club was really cool, there were about 6 of us, and from junior high-high school, we went to big sky, mt jackson hole, snowbird twice, and chamonix.
uhuhuh_u_said_wood
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
Yea, I move back to Maryland in May....I don't know what I'm going to do about riding after that. I cant go back to riding Seven Springs and Hidden Valley concrete/snow.

I've told Benton this before....If I could speak French and get a good job, I would live in France permenantly! Talk about perfect snowboarding, perfect surfing, incredible moto sports. Not to mention the nicest peopel and awesome food. Man, I'm going to miss this place....two and half more months left

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next