SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Vermont fresh
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Vermont fresh

BillyBonebrake
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
In college we were spit upon and verbally taunted by Quebecers at a concert in Montreal. It got ugly but we were outnumbered and most of our party were female and not wanting to be part of any confrontations.

My last visit to Jay Peak I chased down a woman's pair of mittens that had been blown off a picnic table by the same winds that had the gondola closed. When I brought them back to her she snatched them out of my hands as if I'd been trying to steal them & turned away.

Quebecers boo our national anthem at hockey games. They recently booed our peewee hockey players visiting from Massachusetts.

So ... for the most part, I find Quebecers to be reflexively anti-American. I'm reflexively pro-American. I spent 4 years in college just across the border and frequently visited your side of the river. I was met mostly with hostility. Oh, and they didn't like our president back then, either (like I care). I'm sure there are many nice Quebecers. I'm just no longer willing to wade through virulent anti-Americanism to seek them out. I'll never go back up there and even being close to the border gets my hackles up ... like at places like Jay Peak. I guess that makes me a dick. So be it.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:12 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
Unfortunetly this is very true what Bill said.... If you go to southern VT mtns you get straight up dickhead new yorkers..I know Ive lived there for many years..then spent many years up riding Jay and got the same attitude from the Quebecers. Pretty much like new yorkers of the north. Maybe it makes me racist but its just a fact... Ive met many great guys from Quebec aswell is just more often than not they got attitude..........

on a different note Haystack was a great mtn..we would ride all the powder stashes at Snow for a few days then head over to Haystack and ride that same powder that no one even touched for the next couple of days.

On a side note I do love Quebec and really love Montreal..hoping to get up there for the next F1 race.. 116 days 11 hours and 20 minutes left

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how any of this is racist ... is Quebec a race?

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Oct 2006 Posts: 821 Location: Groton, Connecticutz, U.S.A.
sick shit, Bill. i went to yawgoo valley today for the fuck of it because its $20. hah worst day snowboarding i ever had...

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2