SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Jim Thiebaud KKK Slick?
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jim Thiebaud KKK Slick?

CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I know they made this deck in wood (Buddy had a used Wood One), but does anyone remember if they made it in a slick also? I'm in the process (Supposedly) of getting my hands on this slick deck for a simple trade of my used Wade Speyer Trucking Deck. The original owner tells me it has one little chip and roughly 2 plys taken off the nose and tail. I'm going to trade no matter what, just curious what you guys thought? Should I go for it??????
frontsideslappy
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:18 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 05 Jan 2002 Posts: 5027 Location: East coast now....gypsy..
Hell yeah!There is a Speyer trucking complete on ebay if thats what you're trading for,you can get those still.
disposablethebook.com
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:27 pm Reply with quote
yes, it was a slick painted by kevin ancell. please check your PMs. thanks...

[ This Message was edited by: kickerofelves on 2003-05-28 18:29 ]
olivelawn
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Please post pics of the deck when you do the trade!
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I got the deck and of course it wasn't as nice as he said it was, but I still went with the trade just because of the era it originated from. He has a ton of other old decks and do I dare say a used old Grosso. lol He is also friends with a old Alva Pro and he is going to "try" to get a ton of old decks for me from his own stash and various others stash and I'll post them if I do get them. I'll post a pic in like 5 mins. It's in rough shape, but I would of been lucky if I got 15-20 for my Speyer TOPS, Unless I ripped off Tina which I never would. And I still think that's high for a newer deck in used condition. (2 ply with a few boardslides). Thanks for your opinions guys, It's truly appreciated... Sincerly CH3NO2JAY

Interested in Chris Miller, Neil Blender, Ben Schroeder, Early New Deal & Early Alien Workshop Decks and other products. ex. Stickers, Clothing, Posters, etc...

[ This Message was edited by: CH3NO2JAY on 2003-05-28 20:42 ]
disposablethebook.com
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:10 pm Reply with quote
link no work. please send me a pic directly!

by old alva pro, you wouldn't be referring to jesse neuhaus, would you (only other awa sponsored rider i know of from the chicago area was stevie dread)?
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Yep, It's Jesse Neuhaus. Back in the days, ALOT of people use to skate downtown Chicago. You guys ever heard of Eric Murphy? (Rode for Alva,Toxic,Acme, etc.) He use to skate for alot of different companies in the early 90's. Steve Dread I don't truly know personally, but everytime I talked to him in person, he was totally cool and down to earth, unless I always caught him on a good day. Murphy had his temper and Jesse was very quiet in my opinion. Either way, If I do get any decks, I'll post them here. He said he could get a ton of decks, but that's what he is telling me. I'm not sure if he is talk, but so far it seems like he is shooting it straight. Only bad thing is alot of them will be used, with a few exceptions he said.
P.S. I just read my posts, I have poor grammar... lol

[ This Message was edited by: CH3NO2JAY on 2003-05-28 20:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ch3no2jay on 2003-05-28 20:47 ]
yaakyar
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Sep 2002 Posts: 1292 Location: Los Angeles, CA by way of Baton Rouge, LA
@CH3NO2JAY Check your PM's
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Few Questions about this deck,

1) Would Goo Gone hurt the deck at all if I try to clean it up (Entire Deck) and degrip it?

2) Did Real Skateboards make this deck? Or was it 101? To be honest, I have no clue. I know REAL made the wood version of this deck.

3)For some reason, this deck is a blank in my memory. Can someone give me a date when this deck was put out?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this thread...
yaakyar
Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Sep 2002 Posts: 1292 Location: Los Angeles, CA by way of Baton Rouge, LA
I don't think that Goo Gone would hurt the slick bottom or the top. Hasn't except on one of my labels where a sticker was on the paint. If you take the grip off there's a pretty good chance that it's just going to pull the clear coat off the top and not leave too much behind as far a residue goes... maybe around the edges a little.

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next