SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Stupid Powell factory grip tape question....
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Stupid Powell factory grip tape question....

donkeykong81
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
I noticed that SkateOne sells reissue completes with (what appears to be) nice die-cut grip tape on the top. Really shows off the logo, really looks clean.

I noticed that my OG Red Hawk Pig board also has nice clean die-cut grip tape (looks better on the OG, really.)

I want to pick-up a 6th series Hawk Complete but I'll have to build it myself since SkateOne is not advertising these as completes yet. (They have 5th series) Is there a way to get the die-cut grip tape or are those only available on factory completes? What's the history of that grip tape on the old and new ones?

Are they hand-cutting it? Or is this die-cut by them? Just wondering.
Did they die-cut it back in the day but are hand cutting it today? Who put that grip tape on my OG deck?!

REISSUE GRIP TAPE:

ORIGINAL GRIP TAPE:

skateight
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I thought it was going to be something complicated, that could be easily cut with scissors.
Make your own.
UnkleYoda
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:25 pm Reply with quote
The completes are die-cut. Die-cut was extremely popular BITD, In fact my skateshop, as a kid only had die-cut grip. (it was a bike shop and a small town in the mid-west)

I don't think Powell is doing any completes past the 4th series, maybe they only did the first 3, not sure. As far are ordering die-cut I would email Powell. But, really just cut it yourself, make a stencil. Google it.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
UnkleYoda wrote:
The completes are die-cut. Die-cut was extremely popular BITD, In fact my skateshop, as a kid only had die-cut grip. (it was a bike shop and a small town in the mid-west)

I don't think Powell is doing any completes past the 4th series, maybe they only did the first 3, not sure. As far are ordering die-cut I would email Powell. But, really just cut it yourself, make a stencil. Google it.

They are selling a complete 5th series Hawk right now. I am tempted to get it but like the 6th series pink better.
swelbow
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Use your moms sewing scissors

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:53 pm Reply with quote
swelbow wrote:
Use your moms sewing scissors

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Posts: 655 Location: Huntington Beach, CA
I laser cut some for the TG reissue for myself and bigpapes. If you want that die-cut feel, I could laser cut some for your reissue if you send me a tracing of the deck with the location of the dragon on it? Just throwing that out there.
UnkleYoda
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
hobb_masta_flex wrote:
I laser cut some for the TG reissue for myself and bigpapes. If you want that die-cut feel, I could laser cut some for your reissue if you send me a tracing of the deck with the location of the dragon on it? Just throwing that out there.

Very cool, I may look you up in the future.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quote
donkeykong81 wrote:
UnkleYoda wrote:

They are selling a complete 5th series Hawk right now. I am tempted to get it but like the 6th series pink better.

What site is? I don't see any.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:08 am Reply with quote
hobb_masta_flex wrote:

Yup, Scott's laser cut grip is so good. Perfect fit and cut. Looks like it came straight out of the 80's!

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next