SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Do you have links about old snowboards.....tks
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you have links about old snowboards.....tks

frenchie michel
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quote
gonz , I'm sorry , I didn't understand at the start..You have a nice fs level..
and your hand plan on the sphere is really cool.......it's a pleasure to see
Japan?,grenade games?? Do you ride on a team? .....

tks for my small collect...
I don't know what is the red, artisanal or compagny? the blue is a "Snow fish" a swiss compagny , ( I rode it one once very hard ), this two are in fiber with channels , the third is a DEA french compagny ( Ptex base , no edge ) ...

Last edited by frenchie michel on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
frenchie michel
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:48 am Reply with quote
for oldschool session........I ride often this Brushie.

theGONZfather
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Thanx Michel,

Yup, the 1st ones from the Grenade games at June mountain this year. The other 2 are from a Japan trip I took last year. I ride for Volkl, Flux, X5 boots, Revolt optics, Negril outerwear & P3.

Dang, forgot all my old pix got deleted...

Found this on the Heart Films blog. This is me up in the Whistler backcountry. I went with Tadashi, Dice-K & another friend. We were looking to get a handplant on the wall & I was checking the snow when this happened. It was GNARLY!

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
I have these at home:

(with original bindings)

(with original bindings)

I also have a 1988 Burton Air. Black and Blue ... can't find a pic.

this was my first board ... got it brand new for x-mas in 1987 -- I don't have it. Sold it.

Currently riding a Bataleon Jam

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
Barnyard
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Dec 2001 Posts: 595 Location: NorCal, born and raised...
Lib Tech boards are incredible. I love my Skate Banana and can't wait for this season!
frenchie michel
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:06 am Reply with quote
sorry I'm late...I had a lot of croissants to cook this week...

@gonzfather
it's a pleasure for me gonz.....Bravo
do you have a video of your Run at grenade games? or other parts in video where I could see you in action?
you shoot for haert film, this photo is funny, but I think in reality, when the snow broke, that was be hot ......(I don't understand that wants to say "Gnarly").
you wanted to make a hand plan, at the high of the wall ,and jump after? finally someone , have put this tric, or not?
Whisthler backcountry.......here , this name sounds like a dream, so a trip to powderland with guys like you and your friends must give a lot of motivation.
if you need some croissants for your next , ask to our sponsor and let me know, I can sing in the car also?..............;-}
I rode Flux , I found is a good binding, but I don't know x5 boots and I don't find it on web, is it Japan gear also?
could you give me a web link about, tks?

Last edited by frenchie michel on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
frenchie michel
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:29 am Reply with quote
@auragreg
nice collection,
In europe it's very hard to find burton before 85, some boards was imported directly by rider in the start 80, so it's not a lot of survivor.
the first with good distribution, was the cruzer ,I'd like to find one or elite like yours, or more older like a backhill.
Sims kidwell , it's more possible, this model is a nice model for collection., at this time, I rode a "dreamsurf", with this very good Sims bindings that you must have with it.
I had also a burton Air blue/black, It's a 90 model, the first FS board, that I had, I progress very much with, but I remember , the stance was again very small.
I try one once Bataleon, I don't like triple base, too pivoting for me but I'm not a jibber or parker boy, but in france many guys ride bataleon since 2 yers.

Last edited by frenchie michel on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
frenchie michel
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote
@barnyard
I rode one once a lib, there is very much time....but next year I like to try a banana model,(hard to find) for see, many compagny get out rocker model but I don't know, if I will like that. like I said I don't like board very pivoting.

Last edited by frenchie michel on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
theGONZfather
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:00 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
This is from 2 seasons ago. Just slapped together what little footy my friends & I got messin around.

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

Found another clip with the Volkl team when i went to Japan. Unfortunately I injured myself & only got a few shots.(@ 4:50 & 5:34)

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

There was a mound of snow just as big as the wall facing it & we we're going to drop in & plant however high it took us. We probably would have only gotten a few feet above the snow on the rock but it never happened as the snow was too soft & dangerous.

Heres the Flux link. X5 should be at the bottom of the page. Yup, Japan brand. As is Negril outerwear & Revolt optics.
http://www.flux-bindings.com/j/index.html

I've been having nothing but injuries the last few seasons & haven't been able to fully ride. Hopefully after I get surgery on my knee I will be back & charging harder than ever. Right now I just want to film for a good solid season & get a decent part.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:29 am Reply with quote
yeah Yoshi!!.....fine,there is two years , you already had a very nice rail level,and a big heart in jumps, that makes pleasure to see.
I'm sure you will give again more ....I hope to you a good restoration......
Japan for ride , must be very cool,this park with the car is fun..I like the boneless of your friend on.
For hear films, it was well that I thought..hot and in this condition again more but a good idea.
if you come to Avoriaz a day, say me, you could give to me a good leasson of park that I need and I could give to you powder secret spots.

X5 is Flux, ok! Flux binding is distributed since 2 years in france, I tried Diamond model, X5 boots are very nice (like often Japan gear), but I don't know ,if they are imported the next year..I'll look for,tks

ps: I edit the link about oldsnowboard, with a italian Link , with nice european old boards .......if someone have others, please post.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next