SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Tracker Fastracks- anyone try them yet?
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tracker Fastracks- anyone try them yet?

yoyo
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I just gave the 150mm Fasttracks a try on my Lib Tech longboard and I really like them.
Before I even started, I replaced the lower bushing with a yellow Tracker Stimulator as the stock ones are very hard.
Very turny indeed, flipped the hangers and it doesn't turn as much.
I heard that there will be softer bushings out soon.........
The big bushings give the trucks great stability...nice.
No washers rub or hit the hangers even when you make sharp turn.
Btw, I bought these trucks....... I just get some Freestyle trucks from Tracker every now and then....since 1982.
MMS
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Jul 2003 Posts: 15098 Location: Heaven or Hell...kinda hard to tell.
yoyo wrote:
I just gave the 150mm Fasttracks a try on my Lib Tech longboard and I really like them.
Before I even started, I replaced the lower bushing with a yellow Tracker Stimulator as the stock ones are very hard.
Btw, I bought these trucks....... I just get some Freestyle trucks from Tracker every now and then....since 1982.

Did you leave the stock top bushings on? I've got a set of Yellow Stims burning a hole in my gear box...that sounds interesting.

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Grumpy Ol' Bastard wrote:
yoyo wrote:

Did you leave the stock top bushings on? I've got a set of Yellow Stims burning a hole in my gear box...that sounds interesting.

Yup, I left the stock 'orange' top bushings on and it felt ok.
longman
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
gogomouse1 wrote:
slob-air wrote:
He's bent on stealing the title from last year's winner Mike Sanders of Local 124.

The only thing bent will be his axles.

haha, Aluminum doesn't bend, its stiffer than most steel compounds, it does however "fail" (as in its snaps) at lower stresses and its known to cycle fatigue.

HOWEVER (again)

I used those aluminum axled fast tracks at rogue, at king of the forest, the Montreal push race and then I rode them 24OOkm through south america! over the worst pavement you may ever see (if you actually go there I guarantee you'll never find pavement worse than some of the stuff I rode) Adam Coltons deck snapped in half because of the sheer vibration due to the roads yet my axles were fine!
and I was wearing a back pack that added 45-6O pounds to my weight. I did huge 2.5 km (vertical) decents at race speeds. I controlled my speed with power slides more than foot braking.
I got to ride through one inch deep salt water and I left my board out in the rain EVERY night. Aluminum doesn't rust!

Since then they've won two other push races, and they've been used every day to get me to work and back, even in light snow.

Now, I'm about to use the same trucks at the 24 hour ultra skate in Seattle.

Did I mention I don't like to foot break? I beat the crap out of these things and they stand up.
ha!
The crappy steel you'll find in most cast trucks wouldn't have stood a chance against what I threw at these babies... and its excessive weight!
gogomouse1
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
longman wrote:
gogomouse1 wrote:
slob-air wrote:
He's bent on stealing the title from last year's winner Mike Sanders of Local 124.

The only thing bent will be his axles.

haha, Aluminum doesn't bend, its stiffer than most steel compounds, it does however "fail" (as in its snaps) at lower stresses and its known to cycle fatigue.

HOWEVER (again)

I used those aluminum axled fast tracks at rogue, at king of the forest, the Montreal push race and then I rode them 24OOkm through south america! over the worst pavement you may ever see (if you actually go there I guarantee you'll never find pavement worse than some of the stuff I rode) Adam Coltons deck snapped in half because of the sheer vibration due to the roads yet my axles were fine!
and I was wearing a back pack that added 45-6O pounds to my weight. I did huge 2.5 km (vertical) decents at race speeds. I controlled my speed with power slides more than foot braking.
I got to ride through one inch deep salt water and I left my board out in the rain EVERY night. Aluminum doesn't rust!

Since then they've won two other push races, and they've been used every day to get me to work and back, even in light snow.

Now, I'm about to use the same trucks at the 24 hour ultra skate in Seattle.

Did I mention I don't like to foot break? I beat the crap out of these things and they stand up.
ha!
The crappy steel you'll find in most cast trucks wouldn't have stood a chance against what I threw at these babies... and its excessive weight!

C'mon.....excessive weight? How much more do you think you're saving on a complete setup?
To save the same amount of weight, don't wear underwear. And shoelaces.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
I don't think he does.

You can see a story about Paul's skate across South America in the latest issue of Concrete Wave.

Congrats Paul. Good luck in Seattle.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:28 am Reply with quote
Thanks SlobAir!

GoGoMouse: Yeah I also cut my toothbrush in half. If you shave a few grams here and there, the next thing you know you've saved a couple of pounds. That makes a huge difference after a couple thousand kilometers. My shaving half a kilo of my race board last year was also noticeable when skating up a mere 20 meters of hill climbs that I had.
And you seem to be avoiding that fact that my aluminum is a better axle material in general, as it is stiffer, and it doesn't rust.
You know due to the manner in which aluminum can cycle fatigue; it might not last more than 4 years of use. But I tend to bend most steel axles including a few of the 10mm types in a matter of days to the point where I deem them unusable.I've been working on the aluminum axle with my sponsor quite extensively we are testing an alloy that has mechanical near that of some decent quality steels soon.
But don't worry this likely wont be on the market and even if it ever was, we won't force you to ride the stuff. They are just concept trucks.

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3