SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  need answers on getting blanks in bulk & screen stuff
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

need answers on getting blanks in bulk & screen stuff

coolskaterjake
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:58 pm Reply with quote
yeah i just emailed eltonmanufacturing.com and skateboardprinting.com and they both have sent me back messages. i think that i'm gonna first see how much eltonmanufacturing costs and how good they do graphics. this is because i have now decided that i need about 15-20 decks (i have 5 different designs and need 3 of each of those boards) w/ my graphics (well for now) to start out and w/ skateboardprinting they need a minimum of 25 of each type so for now that's a little much. everyone keep replying, it always helps me and the people that only just view this topic.
livi-skater
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:13 am Reply with quote
This is like battle of the board manufactures, some guy telling us how good his tiwan decks are and another totaly proping woodchuck in every single post withouth declairing any affiliation. hmmmmm hes a big big fan

LongBoardRider
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:04 am Reply with quote
Yeah Livi-skater,
I prop Woodchuck.
If somebody takes care of you, you return the favor. Thats the way it works in the industry, and believe me it's hard to find a good company lately. Not only that, I am trying to give a new guy advice on a subject so he doesnt buy crap the first 5 times like I did. I am not bashing you Livi, just stating the fact.

Jake,
As for you.
Good luck trying to print 5 different graphics in quantities of 3.
My advice to you is this
Do smaller graphics between the trucks. Print them out on a ink-jet printer on heat transfer matgerial.
Apply the graphics yourself.
Screen set up fees and minimums are going to eat your lunch.
Do the graphics yourself.

Later Bro.
coolskaterjake
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:26 pm Reply with quote
hey longboardrider, i'm still trying to decide to try and buy them from someone else or print them myself for all of the reasons that you gave. i just all depends on cost and time. also, if i ever can get the number of boards that i like and find out that they're good quality then once again depending on money i was thinking about starting a web site to sell them, just my mass production. i'm still just trying to plan.
LongBoardRider
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Jake,
Just get a quality blank if you decide you may want to sell them. You don't need a de-lamination headache like I had with a couple manufacturers when I was doing some shop decks. Expect to pay in the ball park of $14 dollars for a quality blank. Don't let a company convince you that you have to purchase 25 - 50 decks to get that price either.
If you want my reps name and number, send me a private message and I will get it to you.

Later SK8'r
mayhemdave
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:55 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
call travis at mimic he will take care of you .if i m corect he charges 14.25 per deck
with one color but you need to order fifty
boards at that price and he doesent charge
a set up fee.Im prety shure he can help you
the number is 714-841-8281
coolskaterjake
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:04 pm Reply with quote
longboardrider i might just have to contact you soon. If any of you ever read the first page of this topic you would know that i set it up really find out whether to print my own graphics or send my designs out and buy them from companies and to get the best ideas and price tips for either. AND I HAVE NOW FINALLY DECIDED (honestly thanks to longboardrider to get me thinking clearly) THAT I SHALL JUST GO AHEAD AND MAKE MY OWN. so once again longboard i probably soon will try to contact you to find out any more info that you might have. later.

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3