SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  water soluble inks
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

water soluble inks

runmikeyrun
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:04 am Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, would any of the water soluble inks work well for printing decks? I'm trying to do short runs of shop boards for my shop and i'm workin in the basement. So fumes, harsh cleaners/solvents, and cost are all factors. I was going to go with a heavy duty nazdar ink but was curious about water based. Anyone used em?
ohio
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:59 pm Reply with quote
well since im in cleveland ohio too...
anyhow i have used nazdar 2700 series water soluble inks. pennswood uses them too i have talked to them and they say they use them on everythink includiing stickers. it trick because you need a thinner and an extender base because they dry withiin seconds litteraly. i have used them and some times they dry in the screen but they are easy to clean out when they dont dry in the screen.
email me so we can talk.
later
olivelawn
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I've tried nazdar 2700 water soluble inks and they gave me so much trouble. I found they were WAY too thin and would seep through my positive portions of my screens with only the force of gravity. I stopped using them they gave me so much trouble. Ohio, do you use some kind of thickener you use with the 2700 series? Its funny, after doing a pass and raising my screen, the inks would just run all over the place. The other inks I've uses stayed put and were so much more forgiving.
olivelawn
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Anyone have any suggestions in regards to making the 2700 series a little easier to use? I can't be the only one with this problem.
Nick
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:17 am Reply with quote
what about speed ball? They make a waterbased ink for wood. Anyone ever used it?
olivelawn
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:46 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i've been using speedball, and while they are of the right consistency, they kinda look like poop. Plus they are not mar resistant.
Nick
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah, What if you clear coated over the graphic? Would that effect the print quality any?
annexskateboards.com
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:35 am Reply with quote
i have been using the nazdar 9800 series ink and it works great but it dries in the screen so fast! i have thined it out with some water and it still dries out! Does anyone know whats going on? or have any suggestions?

thanks, Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
olivelawn
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Annex, you probably need some retarder. That shit is expensive though, since you'll prolly want the kind made by nazdar and I think the minimum is a gallon or something. Yeah, I'm still waiting for a response from someone regarding inks, especially those who have used the 2700 series. I just think nazdar ink dry too fast and are too thin for board printing. I like inks that stay in one place when I raise my screen. Anyone have any ideas? I am about to start a new run soon and really do not want to have to use speedball again, but thats what I have had the best luck with so far in terms of consistency.
Nick
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Anyone use union pacific? I was thinking about using them.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next