SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Anyone ever have trouble with nazdar inks?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anyone ever have trouble with nazdar inks?

annexskateboards.com
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Today I Printed Some decks and I used the Nazdar 9800 series ink which another screen printer reccomended to me. The ink was very thin and dripped down the deckunder the screen! and then it instantly dried on the mesh of my screen and the deck and squeege and evertthing! Do you think this is just a bad batch of ink or is the nazdar 9800 series just not a good ink? i bought a bunch of quarts of it in different colors off ebay.
thanks, Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
olivelawn
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:28 pm Reply with quote
See the "water soluble inks" thread. I have the same problem with the 2700 series and have been waiting for someone to chime in and help out. Out of right field I would guess you need some thickener to increase viscosity, which nadzar does sell, but it is in large quanities and it expensive. I am waiting for someone who has tried it before I drop $.
ugsb
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:45 pm Reply with quote
i just got some of the nazdar 9800 in today. i'll give it a try within the next few days and let you know if i have any problem. i also got it off of ebay ... maybe it's not right and that's why they were selling on the bay.
sinart
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:23 pm Reply with quote
i've been using the nazdar 9700 inks. they work really well, but they are solvent(laquer) based, so you have to use a water based film to cut/burn your image(i use the old-school hand cut film). also be warned, they're a pain in the ass to clean up...but if you really want the image to last (my knowledge from past experience doing bumper-stickers), it will work better than the water based stuff.
annexskateboards.com
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:55 pm Reply with quote
When cleacing up the 9700 series ink how does someone go about doing that? since its not a waterbased ink do you clean it up with soemthing else?
paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ugsb
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:32 pm Reply with quote
try xylene/xylol. it rather toxic but will clean most anything that has not fully dried yet. i got the screen burned and will tryout the 9800 tomorrow.

[ This Message was edited by: ugsb on 2003-07-08 22:34 ]
sinart
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:12 am Reply with quote
laquer thinner...and an outdoor space so the fumes don't kill ya
Nick
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:34 pm Reply with quote
anyone ever try nazdar 59000 ink? Plenty of colors available, seems to be good but I never used it.
ugsb
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:24 pm Reply with quote
i had a chance to do some stickers with the nazdar ink and it seemed to work pretty good, even with out the thinner. i have the screens ready to do a deck and should get to it early next week.
Nick
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

On 2003-07-13 17:24, ugsb wrote:
i had a chance to do some stickers with the nazdar ink and it seemed to work pretty good, even with out the thinner. i have the screens ready to do a deck and should get to it early next week.

You mean the 59000 series ink or another nazdar ink?

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next