SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Why I am I so obsessed with this? Anyone else like this?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Why I am I so obsessed with this? Anyone else like this?

jsntarrant
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Went and saw an old buddy, started reliving our youth talking of skating in the 80's...he stops talking for a minute and says "I have something you forgot here..." goes into the closet, pulls out an H-Street Ron Allen...green stain, clear grip with the chair logo on top. Indy's, santa cruz wheels-even some rails on it.

It was awesome, there is nothing like getting the wood you rode thru other collectors, but to actually get THE wood that you actually rode and put together was amazing, truly brought back so many memories...

Pics to follow

Mondo Fish Eye - Skull Skates

Grosso emergency fang tail

SMA-Rocco Div. I
BlockheadSam
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote
jsntarrant wrote:
Went and saw an old buddy, started reliving our youth talking of the 80's...he stops talking for a minute and says "I have something you forgot here..." comes out of the closet

It was awesome, there is nothing like getting wood you rode. And to actually get THE wood that you actually rode together was amazing, truly brought back so many memories...

Pics to follow

If would rather not see pictures of this episode of bro-mance.

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:33 pm Reply with quote
BlockheadSam wrote:
jsntarrant wrote:
Went and saw an old buddy, started reliving our youth talking of the 80's...he stops talking for a minute and says "I have something you forgot here..." comes out of the closet

It was awesome, there is nothing like getting wood you rode. And to actually get THE wood that you actually rode together was amazing, truly brought back so many memories...

Pics to follow

If would rather not see pictures of this episode of bro-mance.

Mondo Fish Eye - Skull Skates

Grosso emergency fang tail

SMA-Rocco Div. I
derekblankporritt
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:37 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
haha, great post. good luck for sure.

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
that phillips is way rad...brings back memories! and fyi plastic truck guards are called copers...

latah
Dthraco
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Yum! Day-Glo Green Gullwings! Till street got huge all the sponsored guys used Gullwings in Dallas.
1985LuceroX1
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
all the sponsored guys used Gullwings

I tend to agree with you here, even pro's skating vert at mount trashmore seemed to always ride some crazy color of gullwings, remember seeing a lot of pink gullwings. Indy and Tracker ruled street it seemed. Just an opinion though..I'm trying to think back to 85-86.

I too hope you find your old model dude. Hang in there.
Soulcrusher
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:05 am Reply with quote
My first REAL trucks were red Gullwings. They had shape, style, and looked cool as fuck.

Good luck on your board hunt. I will have to go back and look over to see what you're looking for.

Live forever
72ss454
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
Just to help/hurt your head some more, it takes time to rebuild it exactly or even just close. My story is similar and completely different. About eleven years ago, I heard of this thing called Ebay on the radio as I was driving to work. At the time I had a great job and had a small private office. I was bored and decided to go on Ebay. Started typing random things in and somehow I came across a few old skateboards. I threw a few odd bids and started winning decks I had always wanted or had never seen. I went to my parents house to my old room and found my first pro deck, 1988 Vision Jinx mini. I no longer had any of the parts, so first step was locating all new parts.

Started out with this:

Then after about five years and a lot of help from members here, I was here:

Then I decided that the trucks were too "new" looking and found a few more items:

Earlier this year a member here and a former member told me about a black dip mini in the UK:

The colors were wrong, but I had to have it. The blue is too dark and none of the colors match what I had on my first one.

Then Cdog sent me a pm about this one:

Which looks like this but with the trucks and wheels off the one I bought from the UK, now:

The only difference on the bottom is the Vision. Mine was a green to Yellow fade, where this one is orange/yellow. Same problem on the top.
OG pic of the tops of my first two set ups:

In these two horrible pics you can see my third set up(and how lame I was/am) a pink LM Crest:

Here are my first real set up and three clones:

Long boring post, but it can show how long and hard it can be to find all the little parts. I didn't even cover stickers:

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2